• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale out !!

Mackster

I'm not going to use them for an excuse as to the performances, but some have been key to the outcome of the game.

Charlton for example, we started the game well, and that decision and Nards reaction pretty much put the writing on the wall.

The fact is, that we simply don't know what may have happened if those decisions had gone our way, but it's clear they have had an impact on preceedings, whether we were playing well or not.

It's possible to play badly and win, especially if you have a bit of luck on your side.
I hope Tisdale is not thinking like this and telling the players we have been unlucky. We have patently not been good enough so far and I hope the boss is telling the players this and pushing them hard for improvement. if the players are feeling sorry for themselves, we have no chance.

FAN-TATIC

Fanny,

We have rarely been outplayed however whilst we have had plenty of the ball we have never really looked like creating much, how many times this season have we dominated a period of play and really put the opponents goal under pressure, very few if any. That is the concern, it is not as if we are missing chances is it, we are hardly creating any, that is the big issue.
To para phrase Poults! Now that is fair comment!

Red the Paper

Banned
BUT - there are a lot of factors beyond his control:

1. Not his fault that we had a shocking (biased?) referee at Stevenage on the opening day.
2. Not his fault thet we had a shocking referred at Preston.
3. Not his fault that lady luck didn't shine on us at Charlton and award us a goal (not sure if it did or didn't go over the line, but you see 'em given)
4. Not his fault that Nards has acted like a petulent kid most of the season, has been lazy and shot his foul mouth off at the linesman at Charlton and got himself sent off
5. Not his fault that the players have stopped believing in their ability in the main
6. Not his fault that Sercombe, Bauza, O'Flynn are injured

Blessed are the excuse makers for they shall inherit the earth.

If they don't, it will be somebody else's fault.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fanny,

We have rarely been outplayed however whilst we have had plenty of the ball we have never really looked like creating much, how many times this season have we dominated a period of play and really put the opponents goal under pressure, very few if any. That is the concern, it is not as if we are missing chances is it, we are hardly creating any, that is the big issue.

Most of the time we are just c*cking around with the ball in our own half or in areas where we won't hurt teams.
Exactly. We have to score when we are playing well, because we are very unlikely to when we are not. When we were on top and playing well, with Bournemouth sitting back, we desperately needed a goal (Troy's shot from distance, if he had been able top keep it down, was maybe the best chance, as the keeper was nowhere near it) and that would have changed the whole game, given the players a bit of confidence which they could have built on.

We need to create clear chances, not half chances and have the right man on the pitch to put them away - most likely Nards or Bauza, IMO.

When we manage to do that, it will be clear that there are some average sides in this division who won't be able to come back from going a goal down.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Exactly. We have to score when we are playing well, because we are very unlikely to when we are not. When we were on top and playing well, with Bournemouth sitting back, we desperately needed a goal (Troy's shot from distance, if he had been able top keep it down, was maybe the best chance, as the keeper was nowhere near it) and that would have changed the whole game, given the players a bit of confidence which they could have built on.

We need to create clear chances, not half chances and have the right man on the pitch to put them away - most likely Nards or Bauza, IMO.

When we manage to do that, it will be clear that there are some average sides in this division who won't be able to come back from going a goal down.
Keeper would have needed to be 8ft tall, to get anywhere near it!!

Kingsman

In respect of this thread what happens on the pitch is immaterial. If you read Malcolms thread you will understand that what has gone on off the pitch would make getting rid of Tis virtually impossible anyway. Our season is shaped by what happens during the summer break, our squad is weak and unbalanced. Sadly I believe we are beginning to panic as the last two loan players we have brought in look unfit and I would question whether they were watched before being signed. personally I would have saved the money and given young Frear a try out.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh my word :cool:.
Spot on Missy, these kids from the 'rights without responsibilities' era are so weak ass I fear for the future, good job the boys at Rorke's Drift didn't stop to moan about how many Zulus there were and how they had stolen them guns.

If it was Cheesy's right to claim credit for the successes then he better start accepting responsibility for the fact we are fubar and do something about it. You toenailers were quick enough to froth up when one or two of us pointed out how lucky we had been to get where we were, now all of a sudden luck is the prime factor in everything.

FAN-TATIC

Fanny,

Most of the time we are just c*cking around with the ball in our own half or in areas where we won't hurt teams, pointless football with no purpose.
Sorry, Missy, got called away so could only give a brief response to your post above previously.

You are correct imo to say our problem at the moment is creating chances. However, as of yet we have been unable to put out what would be our "first 11" due to the injuries to Bauza, Sercombe , O'Flynn and for a short spell Logie.

What we do know is that Bauza, Logie, O'Flynn and Nardiello are capable of scoring goals given the right service.

We have midfield ball winners in Sercombe and Dunne and a playmaker in Noble. Sheps tries and works hard enough but is not unfortunately the answer right now. Keohane show promise but no more than that, McNish has not indicated that he is the man to do the job at the moment either, though he has only had a few starts.

However, we have to quicken up our play from defence to attack through the midfield. ( Bournemouth and indeed other teams that we have played so far were very much faster than us in this respect and it caused us problems.)

I therefore believe that if Tis can get a creative midfielder in on loan, somebody who can switch play with pace, thus quickening up the forward play, then we are not far away from finding a solution. To date I think the emphasis as been too heavily concentrated in the striker position.

I don't expect it to be a simple job to get the creative midfielder in, but I think we have to work hard (and I'm sure Tis and SP are) to fill this gap.

This is my opinion for what it's worth.

Last edited:

lukewhitrow

its only early in the season, and given some unlucky decsions, injuries and the limited resources Tis has i dont feel he needs to go.

mwallace

I am proud to be a Grecian.

I am proud that Paul Tisdale is still our manager

If you cant stand the utter blige that we are playing at the moment and you want Tis hung, drawn and quartered maybe you should go and support Barcelona or Man City or someone. Clearly you like the slap-dash-manager-firings, ridiculous money thrown around pantomine and simply scripted Top-Flight football. Where for £50k a week a player will kiss the badge. And the only disappointment will be "winning the carling cup" (nb probably not Barca)

The last two months must have been hell for you. Go support someone that wont let you down.

After following football for a number of years you just know that there are times were it looks hopeless but a few months/weeks down the line its all changed, i can see how the kids on here are panicing. Although its rather more predictable in the Premiership which a lot of kids see as the benchmark for "Real" football.

The long game (not the long ball game, thats the Turks) is the real world that we, as a small trust owned club, exist in. We have lost the spine of our team because of the lack of money and/or the personal ambition of players and have an entire new breed to break in. It will take time. The playing philospohy is still there. But the luck and team cohesion isnt there yet. It will come.

As far as i'm concerned Tis can stay as long as he likes.

So before this turns to some ugly campaign to Get-Tis-Out, just think...who are we playing next week Sheffield Wednesday or Farsley Celtic?

This is the season where you have to really stand up and be counted as a Grecian, times are gonna be hard for a little while, we could get relegated who knows, is it worth potentially shooting ourselves in the foot or digging another financial grave to remedy it?

To the newer fans, you have been spoilt over the last couple of years but as you'll realise when you leave your Mummy and Daddys house when your older...welcome to the real world.