• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale on Radio Devon..................part 60!

Bittners a Legend

Re: Tisdale on Rdaio Devon..................part 60!

The reporters are pricks, simple. Was it anybody we know?
Big fan of your style on here Chuckles but think that's a bit harsh. We've seen how petulant and difficult Tisdale can be, Coles has shown how happy he is to alienate the Press. Obviously the tough questions should be asked but when Tisdale was pressed on the Oxford job not that long ago he responded by giving one word answers to the rest of the questions. Sadly I suspect they know that Tisdale is quite happy to act the [insert rude word here] and put two fingers up the journo, fans, and radio listeners. The people who really are tasked with asking the tough questions are the Club and Trust Boards and both have failed willingly in their duty it would seem.

Incidentally I think the man putting the questions today was Richard Green.

DaveE

Whilst I understand where you're coming from Bittners, it can't be denied that the reporters have a duty to at least ask some searching questions and 'Are you still enjoying your job' doesn't cut the mustard. And yes, I have heard the vast majority of the interviews with him since he's been with the club and a he can be a difficult individual to interview or as some would say (insert abusive name here). However, he shouldn't be able to get away with it just because of that.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster

Tisdale is the luckiest manager around, results today have saved his arse again.

Bittners a Legend

Whilst I understand where you're coming from Bittners, it can't be denied that the reporters have a duty to at least ask some searching questions and 'Are you still enjoying your job' doesn't cut the mustard. And yes, I have heard the vast majority of the interviews with him since he's been with the club and a he can be a difficult individual to interview or as some would say (insert abusive name here). However, he shouldn't be able to get away with it just because of that.
I agree entirely and didn't seek to deny that. I would love the opportunity to ask him some questions and hear his answers to the "two hour debrief" he mentioned. I just don't think its fair to call the reporters "pricks". Although it is their job to ask Tisdale questions it is the Board who should be holding him to account...for his results and for his arrogant approach to these interviews. As I mentioned... his behaviour when asked about the Oxford job was what I would have expected from a 6 year old child who was not getting their own way.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Tisdale is the luckiest manager around, results today have saved his arse again.
With the type of luck he has from elsewhere I suggest he buy a Euromillions ticket the weekend. That way he'll definitely be gone if he wins it.

Chudleigh Cannon

Fine if he wants to be petulant and monosyllabic let him be, but in response to hard, direct questions. The club needs the press FACT if he comes across as a tool, it will only confirm what we already know.

If it is the case, it seems very strange for a journalist not to ask pertinent questions for fear of the interviewee appearing rude. :x

Saint James

What I find gutless with Tisdale was when he was asked what the problems are at home. His answer was that this wasn't the time or place to discuss this but would be done at the end of the season. Shall I save you the bother Paul? The reason why we have been **** at home for three yes three seasons know is nothing to do with the players but all down to the clueless muppet we have as the manager. Yes Mr Tisdale the common and overriding factor in why we have lost so many games is ..... the manager.

Last edited:

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster

Incidentally I think the man putting the questions today was Richard Green.
Robin Hood?? Really? In Lincoln green? With feather in cap? Would you credit it.

The mighty Grecian

He was an inch away from the perfect interview though, he said he was very disappointed with the performance and the result....

oldschool

perhaps lammie lammie lammie can help us with why reporters never ask tisdale the right questions