• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Tisdale must go

So why do they not call themselves Amerikans ? :S
Because 'America' was named by the Spaniards. Doh!

Red Bill

Because 'America' was named by the Spaniards. Doh!
Amerigo Vespucci, who america was named after, was italian actually, maybe it should be 'Ameriga'

............................I'll get me coat!

Redarrow

Go on then, apart from him being your uncle, why must he stay?
I think uncle Paul should stay purely because he is 'trying' to play football the right way, we judge him on the success he has had in the first 5 years (when everyone loved him) but with a much better squad then ended in at least 6 players playing championship or above after we gained the two promotions, lets get realistic now and say the squad he is managing isnt as good so he will find it harder to get the success we all remember,he is nurturing a young squad with potential success and its not going to happen overnight!!

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster

remember,he is nurturing a young squad with potential success and its not going to happen overnight!!
No, it's taken at least 5 seasons so far to get the 'right' successful team, so why not wait another 5 or 6? I'll be dead before Tisdale gets any success at this rate.....................

Terryhall

I think uncle Paul should stay purely because he is 'trying' to play football the right way, we judge him on the success he has had in the first 5 years (when everyone loved him) but with a much better squad then ended in at least 6 players playing championship or above after we gained the two promotions, lets get realistic now and say the squad he is managing isnt as good so he will find it harder to get the success we all remember,he is nurturing a young squad with potential success and its not going to happen overnight!!
You raise some interesting points. What you didn't mention however would be two key questions related to those points.

Who signed the players that make up the current squad? Who managed the team for the 6 years since our last promotion?

The sword cuts both ways - you can certainyl argue that Tis proved himself to be a good manager with back to back promotions and based on those first 5 years you culd argue (some might disagree) that he deserves to have the freedom to control multiple aspects of the club. However you cannot then present those aspects of the club that he controls as excuses for things not going well today.

Last edited:

dontpassback

All managers should in my opinion be given time,how much is another matter and i would be of the opinion that mr tisdale has had much more time than everyone other than mr wenger,therefore to suggest he will eventually get it right riles a lot of fans.a few city fans want instant sucsess,but the majority have been following city long enought to know better,after all following city is a lifelong thing,not a 5 minute wonder.when the lifelong fans start to get impatient ,then you have a problem.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

Amerigo Vespucci, who america was named after, was italian actually, maybe it should be 'Ameriga'

............................I'll get me coat!
Didn't the Vikings find the place first ?

Ameriksberg.

Red Bill

Didn't the Vikings find the place first ?

Ameriksberg.
The irish had a go as well before the spanish came along.

O'Americassy?

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster

He is nurturing a young squad with potential success and its not going to happen overnight!!
He's had ten years to 'build a squad'.

Tisdale has run out of excuses. Time for a new broom.

Redarrow

He's had ten years to 'build a squad'.

Tisdale has run out of excuses. Time for a new broom.
And half of them have 'flown the nest' to generate more money for the club due to his coaching and nurturing!!