• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

Fareham Grecian

Re: Tisdale must go

...and still in the basement division.
You are right of course, I forgot to add 'keeping us up' to the list of achievements :)

Fareham Grecian

Six of those 'reasons' you've listed is total b*****ks and you've clearly posted them to start an argument. As for one of the seven, if you are "still remembering the joy of two promotions and two Wembley appearances" after numorous lousy seasons of abject crap, I'd success you're in the minority.
In the minority on Exeweb yes. Not so sure about the average fan.
I have a feeling I will regret this, but what is it about all the other 6 statements that make them 'total ********'?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster

You are right of course, I forgot to add 'keeping us up' to the list of achievements :)
Hey Smiler! I'm taking it you wont be adding your name to the poll in the OUT column?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

First manager to have one of his players sent off at Wembley.

First manager to have a gk save a penalty at Wembley.

Only city manager to finish top half of lge 1 and 2 more than once since 1990. 8th lge 1. Lge 2 - 2nd, 10th and 10th.

Last edited:

Oscar

The strongest financial situation which won't last very long after the money is used to subsidise the falling gates due to dire home performances of recent seasons !
What sort of attendance do you think we should be getting? The club is levelling out, there were a few seasons of high-ish gates due to promotions and bigger teams in the same league, but attendances are no different now to when we were flying in the Conference. So, is it really because of the performances?

Last edited:

Barum

but if it makes you feel better to think you've got a role to play on here that anyone gives a monkey's about
Pots & kettles spring to mind....

Last edited:

oxford don

What sort of attendance do you think we should be getting? The club is levelling out, there were a few seasons of high-ish gates due to promotions and bigger teams in the same league, but attendances are no different now to when we were flying in the Conference. So, is it really because of the performances?
Essentially yes it is..success breeds success. I remember not so long ago going to the County Ground and watching Exeter RFC play in front of perhaps 1200 -1500. The last time I went to Sandy Park the crowd was just under 11,000

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Essentially yes it is..success breeds success. I remember not so long ago going to the County Ground and watching Exeter RFC play in front of perhaps 1200 -1500. The last time I went to Sandy Park the crowd was just under 11,000
How many millions was and is getting spent to get them and to maintain aviva prem rugby ?

Last edited:

oxford don

How many millions was and is getting spent to get them and to maintain aviva prem rugby ?

Quite a few I would imagine..but you are missing the point, with respect.. it wasn't always like this for Exeter RFC/Chiefs...They dragged themselves up and did something about it, not being frightened of taking a few risks along the way.

Now there's no doubt we have reasonably stable finances, a reasonable ground ( for Div 2 with plans to develop further) and an excellent squad of players in most positions, dare I say it the board and trustees are also competent and engaged but what we don't have, quite obviously is a manger, who for what ever reason ( and I suspect it is because he has his limitations) cannot get the very best out of those players with any sort of consistency.

The 42,000 dollar Question is ..can the board afford to take risk and wait for Tisdale to bring some success to the Club ( promotion) before funds and crowds evaporate and the better players wander away.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

It might be a better use of your time improving your English, but if it makes you feel better to think you've got a role to play on here that anyone gives a monkey's about then you crack on and knock yourself out. I'm sure everyone will sleep safer in their beds knowing you're on the case.
Anyone who uses "everyone" to back up their argument is losing that argument. Speak for yourself, not for an imaginary "everyone".

Last edited: