• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

Mark Wakeley

Re: Tisdale must go

He needs to buck his ideas up pronto and personally I would like to see Perryman off the touchline and no where near the dugout?

Not worn fryer tuck costume for a while as it does

I think if this season's points total is lower than last year, then anyone defending Tisdale is flying in the face of facts. We have a clearly better squad than last year and considering how we started last season with the loan and the ban on signings, this season will be a failure if we cannot beat last season's points total.
My view hasn't changed since I made my avatar about two years ago which others have since used.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster

I think if this season's points total is lower than last year, then anyone defending Tisdale is flying in the face of facts. We have a clearly better squad than last year and considering how we started last season with the loan and the ban on signings, this season will be a failure if we cannot beat last season's points total.
Yes. I think that is the litmus test. After 30 games we are 2 points below where we were at this point last season with a worse goal difference. We are also in 13th place in the table compared with 9th. Performances need to improve significantly and I wish I had the confidence to believe that they will.

elginCity

this season will be a failure if we cannot beat last season's points total.
As a long term supporter of the manager, I think that's reasonable and fair.

After the summer of discontent a couple years back, Tis bemoaned the lack of finances as affecting results. That of course no longer applies.

Personally, if we 'fail' as you suggest, then the writing will be on the wall. He'll walk, regardless of the roller, it's a pride thing.

malcolms

As a long term supporter of the manager, I think that's reasonable and fair.

After the summer of discontent a couple years back, Tis bemoaned the lack of finances as affecting results. That of course no longer applies.

Personally, if we 'fail' as you suggest, then the writing will be on the wall. He'll walk, regardless of the roller, it's a pride thing.
"He'll walk" ? I'll have a bet at whatever level you want (for charity) that he won't

elginCity

"He'll walk" ? I'll have a bet at whatever level you want (for charity) that he won't
Of course it's far more likely that he won't walk, but I genuinely believe it's possible he might, not enough for an evens wager though.

Pride and stubbornness are at his core, and recalling his confidence pre-season, he'll have no excuse for failure this season, and that's the crux.

As others have suggested, could be he'll choose to leave the game altogether, and that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

denzil

"could be he'll choose to leave the game altogether, and that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest" - well he's been paid enough !!!!

Rabid Doug

I agree with you Malcolm. Tis will never ever walk

malcolms

I agree with you Malcolm. Tis will never ever walk
Never, is a risky word to use..... It's always possible, but I would be prepared to stump up the charity bet if he did..... I don't think he will manage a club elsewhere as and when he does leave, I think it's more likely he will work for the FA or a comparable organisation.... He's not a risk taker....

Terryhall

I've said for a long time that I still have faith in Tis and have had some quite interesting discussions a fair while ago now with the likes of Richard P and Grecian Jay around whether I was "pro" or "anti" Tisdale - at the time I remember posting something along the lines of, for everyone there will come a tipping point where they lose faith in the manager and that will generally be an accumulation of reasons over a period of time, rather than any one big bang event that tips the scales one way or the other.

For me this season was a real chance for us to show the rest of the league what we were capable of - for the first time in a long time we could point to a range of off-field factors that gave us real reason to be positive, whether that be the work done at the Cat & Fiddle, the (superficially at least) improved financial situation post-Grimes, or even just the positive sounds coming out of the club heirarchy, including Tisdale himself telling us all about his 74 point target for the season.

Since that time it feels like the on pitch performances have more often than not fallen short of the pre-season promise - the spells of good form have generally been about enough to keep us on the coat-tails of the real playoff contenders, and the spells of bad form have been so woefully bad that we have fallen away badly and left us at the turn of the year needing a massive points haul to achieve what we set out to do. It remains to be seen whether the two recent defeats will be a blip or whether they will be followed up with a further decline in form - hopefully it will be the former, but it could just as easily be the latter.

My worry is that this season will be remembered primarily for a cup run which ended in an expected defeat at Anfield, rather then being remembered as the year we finally had the financial monkey off our back and had the squad to challenge at the right end of the league, and instead faded to mid table obscurity. As others have posted, after all of the excuses that were rolled out to justify last seasons patchy form and final league position, if we finish this season in a worse position, it will be very hard to see how Tisdale could come out of it with anything other than criticism.

Things are never all bad or all good, but on the evidence of this season so far, or even this season since December to be more accurate, I am seeing more and more things adding to that accumulation of reasons in the negative column. I don't feel (yet) like I have reached my personal tipping point but I feel a lot closer to it than I did back in August, and I continue to have every sympathy for those who look at what is happening and have decided that for them, enough is enough.