• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Tisdale must go

Surely the perfect scenario is a Didcot win?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster

Tisdale must go. To the hat shop. To add to his stunning collection.
Tisdale must go. To Didcot. To start the resurrection.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

Actually, I think it's entirely the opposite. When, outside of professional sport, was the last time you heard of someone getting the sack for underperforming? Everyone knows someone who's dreadful at their job and we've all gone home to complain to the other half about how dreadful they are yet they remain there year after year. Redundancies and closures apart, everyone has job security way beyond that which a football manager can expect.
Not in sales Ant , people who don't hit targets genuinely are moved on (sadly at times)

Last edited:

DanceMagnet

Here comes yet another predictable yawn fest that will prove pointless, because of over expectancy and lack a grasp on reality, and fruitless, because Tis hasn't done near enough to get the sack, again. There has been far worse in years gone by.
Actually, your response is the biggest yawn, again. You suggest we deserve to be carp because we've always been carp. You may be happy with that whereas I thought we had moved on from accepting mediocrity long ago. We will never progress with that attitude.

Tisdale's selections and tactics are so boring and predictable and he is unable to motivate his team or develop a plan to play effectively against a physical team. Instead of investing in youth, we are seeing a decline in the number of young players in the starting line up and an increase in the number of geriatrics. He continually fails to build confidence with his continuous tinkering and willingness to play players out of position - square pegs, round holes.

grecIAN Harris

Far from it. I think with the squad we have, we are capable of making the play-offs. However, as I've said on numerous occasions already this season, we are part of a group of ten teams who are at the same level as us. Now anybody with the slightest knowledge of maths will realise that ten into four simply doesn't go. Becuase of the size of that group of teams, we will all suffer from some level of inconsistancy. I don't particularly agree with some of Tisdales selections either especially in midfield (I would love to see Harley supported by Oyeleke and McCready and his willingness to play Buttercup annoys me beyond anything you'd even want to begin to believe) or his re-signings (why he Oakley and Morrison got another contract baffles me).
What p!$$e$ me off with these regular bore fests is that they start as soon as we lose a couple of games. Because of what I've stated above, I accept that this is going to happen from time to time and that it will be rescued before it gets into anything that really is worth shouting about. Much as I hate to admit this, we aren't good enough to be up with The Scummers at the moment. This isn't accepting of mediocrity, this is just understanding where we are at the moment.

Devon_Lad

Getting rid of Tisdale would be pointless unless the likes of Perryman and Tagg **** off too. Sad fact is, if Tisdale was to go it's fairly inevitable Butterfield/Oakley would take charge, which doesn't fill me with any hope at all- other than the fact there is less chance they'll be on the pitch playing, of course.

DanceMagnet

Getting rid of Tisdale would be pointless unless the likes of Perryman and Tagg **** off too. Sad fact is, if Tisdale was to go it's fairly inevitable Butterfield/Oakley would take charge, which doesn't fill me with any hope at all- other than the fact there is less chance they'll be on the pitch playing, of course.
Don't bring them into it. Tisdale picks the team and decides on tactics. He takes responsibility for success or failure on the pitch within the confines of budget. If he is unhappy with any of that, he could choose to leave.

Tisdale is going no where.unfortunately we are stuck with mediocre performances, bizarre team selections that it seems everyone apart from him can see.
Yesterday was an absolutely disgraceful performance. no passion, no willingness to want the ball, a team that looked like they really didn't want to be there and that comes down to our over payed clueless manager .
Thanks for the memories but please move on and let someone else have a go

Last edited:

DanceMagnet

Far from it. I think with the squad we have, we are capable of making the play-offs. However, as I've said on numerous occasions already this season, we are part of a group of ten teams who are at the same level as us. Now anybody with the slightest knowledge of maths will realise that ten into four simply doesn't go. Becuase of the size of that group of teams, we will all suffer from some level of inconsistancy. I don't particularly agree with some of Tisdales selections either especially in midfield (I would love to see Harley supported by Oyeleke and McCready and his willingness to play Buttercup annoys me beyond anything you'd even want to begin to believe) or his re-signings (why he Oakley and Morrison got another contract baffles me).
What p!$$e$ me off with these regular bore fests is that they start as soon as we lose a couple of games. Because of what I've stated above, I accept that this is going to happen from time to time and that it will be rescued before it gets into anything that really is worth shouting about. Much as I hate to admit this, we aren't good enough to be up with The Scummers at the moment. This isn't accepting of mediocrity, this is just understanding where we are at the moment.
I think that a couple of bad results just brings things to a head once again. The problems are deep seated and there for all to see.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster

A little knee-jerk at the moment, but if we lose at Didcot and slip further away from the play-offs that could change.
We seem to be having knee-jerks season after season.

It's getting a like bleeding Riverdance.