• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale has no clue about goalkeeper selection!

Well-known Exeweb poster
last night james hamon was at fault for accringtons goal. i was speaking to steve perryman before last nights game and i asked him what was going on with the pyms situation and he that hamon was the better keeper at the moment which i think is a cop out. so i think pym could be on his way soon
Interesting, the radio, the paper and all other sources havnt mentioned his culpabilty, we'll just have to wait 4 the vid's and see. but as for pym returning ure probably right, i reckon a run of 4 maybe 5 games @ this stage for the the hamon would be prudent. but who knows i quess as per' pt will have his own take on things.so we'll c.

WXF

Your point about outfield players making mistakes, missing scoring chances etc could be said to be a valid observation, but you know as well as I do that it's never worked that way. A goalkeeping error generally has an immediate profound impact on the game; We're a goal down! I dont buy into all the suggestions that you can blame an outfield player for presenting an opponent with a chance on goal when the keeper also ultimately makes a lash up.
It's the same fetish, year in, year out, again and again and again. It's tiresom, boring and by endlessly repeating adds nothing to our collective knowledge or pleasure from using the forum.

GrecianWonder

I can't see where hamon makes a mistake in either of the goals but I'm sure Pete can. Probably his gloves weighing him down or something.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's the same fetish, year in, year out, again and again and again. It's tiresom, boring and by endlessly repeating adds nothing to our collective knowledge or pleasure from using the forum.
So you're the spokesman for all the other members with the "adds nothing to OUR collective knowledge" crap? Also, why wait several days to find a comment of mine and extract a quote that suits you? Since you're obviously looking for my opinion though, I'll go as far as to say that niether keeper of ours is good enough for us to maintain a serious promotion challenge. Nobodys mentioned Hamon from yesterdays game, which is a pretty good sign that he should have done better with one of the goals.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... Nobodys mentioned Hamon from yesterdays game ...
Quite a few people have, Pete. Not sure how you've missed them, must be the time difference.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Greg, seems to me you're putting two and two together and getting five. I can't see that that's the case based on what you've said, although I do think that it is a cop out answer on Perryman's part.
I cant see how it is a cop out answer if Hamon has been put in purely on football reasons. Although Pym has more experience they are both young so the only way to judge who plays is surely how they do in matches and training? Would hope that Pym is buckling down to prove he should come back in.

WXF

why wait several days to find a comment of mine and extract a quote that suits you? Since you're obviously looking for my opinion though, I'll go as far as to say that niether keeper of ours is good enough for us to maintain a serious promotion challenge. Nobodys mentioned Hamon from yesterdays game, which is a pretty good sign that he should have done better with one of the goals.
Because I only read the comment today Pete. You add little to our understanding of goal keepers - year in, year out, you concentrate on the goals we concede because you see them in highlights footage, and you miss almost the rest of almost every game. Your analysis is obsessive, shallow, unoriginal, negative and simply boring. Jones and AK developed well under Tisdale, and the rooky Pym has since played for the England under 20s, yet you want us to believe that you instead know better about goal keeping and our goal keepers than the manager. Its not just delusional, but mind numbingly boring.

Kellow & Beer

Moxey; we have had No money all season!! Fact; Maybe Swansea have put a down payment on Grimes; which has given us the money to get Harley, Nicholls & Morrison in; In the last 2 weeks! Time will tel (rofl)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Well we must have had some money to sign cummins and ribeiro so not fact. You maybe right about a down payment, will be interesting to see hear if we hear confirmation of this should Grimes depart.

Well we must have had some money to sign cummins and ribeiro so not fact. You maybe right about a down payment, will be interesting to see hear if we hear confirmation of this should Grimes depart.
The departure of Edwards, Gill, O'Flynn and Krysiak would have freed up more than enough to sign both Ribeiro and Cummins. However, beyond that there wasn't much floating around hence the need to go the the PFA cap in hand for the loan of £100k. But of course that was pre-season and I may be wrong but Kellow and Beer referred to this season and by that I took him to mean once the season had started. I apologise in advance if I have misunderstood him.