• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale has interview with Portsmouth

denzil

What will be the reaction, if any, to the City fans next home game - relief he's stayed or otherwise ???

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
What will be the reaction, if any, to the City fans next home game - relief he's stayed or otherwise ???
We could all have an early Crimbo present, and he'll shortly announce his resignation anyway (y)

ding dong merryly on high

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
ITV Meridian has just said much the same thing. Pompey are going to name Barker and steve Coppell as his assistant on monday.

Because it's written by you and because he is not trying to attention seek like some on here who seem to write pointless articles when it doesn't really warrant it.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Says a lot about Tis-stale if he couldn't get a job over Barker whos just been sacked from his previous job.
There was some discussion on Twitter over whether Portsmouth, who are currently in the midst of a transfer embargo and can't buy players, would be permitted to 'sign' a new manager. The BBC Portsmouth correspondent was of the view, having spoken to a board member, that Pompey would require special dispensation from the FA and / or League to pay compensation for a manager.

Given the Portsmouth chairman stated publicly that Tis would have been his choice, it seems not unreasonable to conclude that the cost of buying Tis out of his contract at St James's Park may have proved prohibitive and, instead, they've opted for an out-of-work manager who, clearly, comes without such problems.

PeteUSA

Given the Portsmouth chairman stated publicly that Tis would have been his choice, it seems not unreasonable to conclude that the cost of buying Tis out of his contract at St James's Park may have proved prohibitive and, instead, they've opted for an out-of-work manager who, clearly, comes without such problems.
So, on this occasion he would have got the job but for the fact they cant afford to pay any compensation any more than we can.

wemissmoxey

There was some discussion on Twitter over whether Portsmouth, who are currently in the midst of a transfer embargo and can't buy players, would be permitted to 'sign' a new manager. The BBC Portsmouth correspondent was of the view, having spoken to a board member, that Pompey would require special dispensation from the FA and / or League to pay compensation for a manager.

It was also stated that their Chief Exec wanted Barker as they had worked together at Bury, there were several people on the selection panel, maybe most of them wanted Barker, who knows.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, on this occasion he would have got the job but for the fact they cant afford to pay any compensation any more than we can.
Unlike you, I don't pretend to know. My point is that, on the basis of what's it the public domain, it seems to me an entirely feasible scenario.

PeteUSA

Unlike you, I don't pretend to know. My point is that, on the basis of what's it the public domain, it seems to me an entirely feasible scenario.
I agree, its entirely feasable: Where would Portsmouth get hold of 300,000 notes to pay us compensation, when they're in the position they're in? Theres no way they would take a chance on a manager who might not work out, having parted with that kind of dough.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree, its entirely feasable: Where would Portsmouth get hold of 300,000 notes to pay us compensation, when they're in the position they're in? Theres no way they would take a chance on a manager who might not work out, having parted with that kind of dough.
So your response in post #164 is, by your own admission, nonsense!