• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale for Swindon?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I liked the bit about midgets.

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did you enjoy the football we played last season?
Not particularly, but it didn't make Stoke look like Barcelona.

Grecian_Jay

Crispy: it was probably Jay who made the post on that site.
Bloody hell Al have a word. I've never once posted on another clubs forum - FACT. They probably just know a good source when they see one.

LOG

Not particularly, but it didn't make Stoke look like Barcelona.
Try looking beyond the words and pick up on the sentiment instead.

There is this myth that Tisdale tries to play neat, attractive football. It's complete bowlocks. When Harley was in the side, it was pretty easy to send everything through him. Without Harley, and Noble to a lesser extent although i believe he was rarely played in his strongest position, there didn't seem to be a plan and we just resorted to chucking it up the pitch, yet people continually carp on about how great a manager Tisdale is. I still ain't convinced. Don't bother coming back with anything about 2 promotions, that's water under the bridge.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

There is this myth that Tisdale tries to play neat, attractive football. It's complete bowlocks. When Harley was in the side, it was pretty easy to send everything through him. Without Harley, and Noble to a lesser extent although i believe he was rarely played in his strongest position, there didn't seem to be a plan and we just resorted to chucking it up the pitch, yet people continually carp on about how great a manager Tisdale is. I still ain't convinced. Don't bother coming back with anything about 2 promotions, that's water under the bridge.
Pah. I was at Barnet.

Alistair20000

Bloody hell Al have a word. I've never once posted on another clubs forum - FACT. They probably just know a good source when they see one.
Jay. I only posted that so that you could make your response. You knew that though.

Grecian_Jay

Exactly. Knobbing the ball up to Curo isn't neat attacking football. The simple fact is that tisdale is behind the times and doesn't understand how to utilise a small budget. This is exactly the reason why all this "another manager couldn't do anything better with this squad" is ********, another manager would=n't waste the precious budget on ageing crocks and 24 central midfielders.

STURTZ

What a strange situation. I wouldn´t be upset if Tisdale goes because I think everything at the club has become to comfortable and we need a change in style. But with the squad Tisdale built this summer I struggle to see how a different manager would be able to do anything. I´m sure most mananagers don´t have a squad mostly built up of centre midfield players.
Interesting comment re centre mid players when that was a comment made this time last season and yet, as the season wore on, due to injuries, it became the area where we were lacking.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting comment re centre mid players when that was a comment made this time last season and yet, as the season wore on, due to injuries, it became the area where we were lacking.
It's true that you do need more midfield players than other areas of the field as they do run around more and get more injuries. But it's also a question of choices too - Tis continued to pick Davies and Bennett, who were indubitably our most disappointing first teamers last season, ahead of Gosling and Keohane / Dawson, favouring "defending space" to a more adventurous approach.

Grecian_Jay

Funny that given he signs players with proven records of getting injured every 5 minutes.