• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale "Decline has halted"

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tisdale on the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32793860

Let's hope so!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
No mention of bringing in an experienced keeper, so seeing that Pym and Hamon have both been retained, it must be fairly safe to assume that Tisdale thinks he can go again with what he's got. If that is the case, Tisdale will be making the same error as he did last season, where our two between them, were in my opinion responsible for us not making the playoffs at the very least. The second worst amount of goals conceeded in League 2 last season is testament to that fact without me laboring the point. Quite frankly it makes me wonder if Tisdale gives a sh*t or not. Its okay using cheap youngsters in outfield positions, but in no way should either be playing as first choice as of yet. Its this type of decision that makes me doubt Tisdale's reasoning for being at the club; but then, I understand he proclaims that 'Mel' is in charge of goalkeeper recruitment? What can you do.

neilybags

I don't think our keepers have been the main problem, although I am yet to be fully convinced by Hamon. Our defence has been a shambles, making basic errors which have often left our keepers no chance. We have given away goals on a regular basis. The defence needs strengthening urgently. Our midfield looks very slow as well. A lot will depend upon Holmes & Ribeiro signing. And of course on any signings Tisdale makes over the summer

Angus

A Keeper can only be as good as it's back four, but the realism is it's the two direct backs rather than the four, we've struggles with one decent CB this season, Pym is a good keeper he just needs a tad bit of leadership from
Decent CB! Rather then signing old strikers maybe a older keeper would be ideal, one who knows how to handle and control a defensive line, one who doesn't need the coaching on corners. There's many about but we seem to look for experience in other places. Yet again this is down to Tisdales lack of theory.

Pobbop

No mention of bringing in an experienced keeper, so seeing that Pym and Hamon have both been retained, it must be fairly safe to assume that Tisdale thinks he can go again with what he's got. If that is the case, Tisdale will be making the same error as he did last season, where our two between them, were in my opinion responsible for us not making the playoffs at the very least. The second worst amount of goals conceeded in League 2 last season is testament to that fact without me laboring the point. Quite frankly it makes me wonder if Tisdale gives a sh*t or not. Its okay using cheap youngsters in outfield positions, but in no way should either be playing as first choice as of yet. Its this type of decision that makes me doubt Tisdale's reasoning for being at the club; but then, I understand he proclaims that 'Mel' is in charge of goalkeeper recruitment? What can you do.
No, you'd never do that, I'm sure :)

A Keeper can only be as good as it's back four, but the realism is it's the two direct backs rather than the four, we've struggles with one decent CB this season, Pym is a good keeper he just needs a tad bit of leadership from
Decent CB! Rather then signing old strikers maybe a older keeper would be ideal, one who knows how to handle and control a defensive line, one who doesn't need the coaching on corners. There's many about but we seem to look for experience in other places. Yet again this is down to Tisdales lack of theory.
How would you know? You don't go to games.

You really are the most dull of trolls.

Angus

I'm not trolling, I'm putting in my opinion. So do you disagree?

PeteUSA

How would you know? You don't go to games. You really are the most dull of trolls.
I take it from your rude reaction that you're okay with us entering into another season swapping one trainee for another, in the most important positition in the team? I dont go to games on a regular basis either, but I've seen enough of both keepers to recognise they are far from the finished article. They need some kind of support, either as Angus recommends, or ideally a veteran keeper who wants to play one more season from whom Pym might learn while he (Pym) acts as backup. I dont think Hamon is good enough to persevere with; full stop. But he's been retained so somebody must see something in him that I cant.

Avening Posse

I make Tis correct. Before last season he was very downbeat and publicly said we would struggle, and would be reliant upon younger players. Certainly a very different ECFC from 12 months ago. The keeper thing is a dilemma. For me Pym would be my preference, but not a lot in it, and neither of them had the greatest defence in front of them last season, which must be scary for young guys starting out, bound to affect confidence. If we have a limited budget I'd spend it on a CB and striker though, I think either of the keepers will improve significantly after a season under their belt

Saint James

I make Tis correct. Before last season he was very downbeat and publicly said we would struggle, and would be reliant upon younger players. Certainly a very different ECFC from 12 months ago. The keeper thing is a dilemma. For me Pym would be my preference, but not a lot in it, and neither of them had the greatest defence in front of them last season, which must be scary for young guys starting out, bound to affect confidence. If we have a limited budget I'd spend it on a CB and striker though, I think either of the keepers will improve significantly after a season under their belt
It's down to priorities with the money as you say. If we had a choice between signing e.g. Richard Duffy as a much needed CH or bringing in another GK I would like Duffers. We can always bring in a Championship level GK on a loan if things are necessary but I would rather stick with, develop and sell on one or either of the GK's and the only way to do that is if they are playing.