• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tis Grim "oop Norf"

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, after tonights results, with Sheff U, Preston & Scunny looking pretty much nailed on for the drop and Chesterfield & Bury looking fair bets to come up it looks like a LOT more trips toward the "Arctic Circle" will be beckoning for us next season :( ....esp with the Scum, Swinnun and quite possibly a couple from the Gas, Daggers and even Warsaw* looking likely to say cheery-bye OUR division is looking to be taking a decided and disturbing northern bent!
(Thank f*ck Yeovil, at least, are making a fight of it ;) )

So, apart from praying that Accrington (FFS :'( ) don't also sneak their way up as well, should we be investing in some cloth caps and whippets for next season?

*I count Warsaw because, even though its "Midlands" its one of our easiest 'oop Norf'ish away days

Last edited:

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Worrying times for an Southern L1 fan. :( Shall get the inoculations up to date...

Grecian2K

Worrying times for an Southern L1 fan. :( Shall get the inoculations up to date...
I'm not totally sure but I've heard a rumour that if you're prepared to "go private" black-pudding-patches or pontefract-cake-pills might be available on the day.

ecfc01

Don't worry I have a plan ..... We shall all just go to the games! Cmon it's not like it's the other side of the world. My nannince rode from landsend to that Jon ogrotes place, how hard can it really be?

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Funny how it's changed in 2 seasons. This was known as 'div 1 south' when we came up from l2 now weve lost millwall & gillingham, now gargs, Swindon + more to be replaced by notherners.

At least places like eland road were worth a trip. Chesterfield and bury maybe less enticing

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... My nannince rode ...
Ok, you lost me on that one! :S

plain capers

(Thank f*ck Yeovil, at least, are making a fight of it ) says Grecian 2K.
I was there last night v Notts C and the memories of our early Conference seasons came flooding back as this match was played in that style - 100mph, total long ball tactics (why bother with the midfield, they only lose it!), very physical and virtually no skill. In fact it was justice that the one moment of skillful football in the whole match won the game. Mad Dog spent most of the evening waving to his players and sending one of the subs with messages for the Chairman. Notts C v Crawley next term I think.

Sandstorm

It's really not long ago since I was watching Sheffield United beat Arsenal at home then lose (disgraceful refereeing but that's a different matter) in the FA Cup semis. Things change quickly in football and Bramall Lane will be an awayday nailed on for me

Nowt wrong with the North! :)

andrew p long

I didn't know he'd travelled north,nor do I know what's making him grim,apart from Rochdale's result last night....

pincher

think we should get promoted then, many more southern clubs in championship