• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ticket survey

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Our second largest gate at St James Park (I believe) last season was the varsity match. They are a distinct group and a large one at that, they are well worth attracting if only for 3 seasons worth of football, though many have stayed as loyal supporters since.

Through FITC we have a large outreach to youngsters and also the half time competitions gets the youngsters involved. Hopefully they get the bug for attending St James Park (and dragging Mum/Dad along).

We do however need to get the 12 to 18 age group interested. But the good deals should be for the Big Bank, with family discounts being targeted at the Old Grandstand.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Our second largest gate at St James Park (I believe) last season was the varsity match. They are a distinct group and a large one at that, they are well worth attracting if only for 3 seasons worth of football, though many have stayed as loyal supporters since.

Through FITC we have a large outreach to youngsters and also the half time competitions gets the youngsters involved. Hopefully they get the bug for attending St James Park (and dragging Mum/Dad along).

We do however need to get the 12 to 18 age group interested. But the good deals should be for the Big Bank, with family discounts being targeted at the Old Grandstand.
That's a Uni social and hardly indicative of those likely to come and watch City.

What a refreshing change, a welcome initiative. Well done the club.
As someone who did not renew season ticket this year for the first time since the doble stand was built I welcome the opportunity to complete this survey and express my views.

The man responsible for the ticket debacle didn't last 5 minutes I however am still here the club need to entice me back and I have stated this in my survey reply and made some suggestions.

UTC
Totally agree that it is a positive move from the club, like you this I had been a season ticket holder since the Doble Stand was built but didn't renew this season due to early renewal date, price increase and to an extent dire home form over the previous three seasons.
I wrote to Wolfie regarding 'his' pricing strategy and suggesting that I would sill be supporting the club long after he had gone....he had left before he could respond!
Hoping for a more fan focussed approach for next season,
Come on You Reds!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's a Uni social and hardly indicative of those likely to come and watch City.
But some will. That's how I got hooked on City back in 1972!

flakey pasty

Precisely, John.
I must admit to finding Ian's sexist, "Little Englander" attitude a bit depressing.
There is no reason at all why we cannot as a club, target both local children and those attending university.
The "Sod the bloody students" attitude is both short sighted and not commensurate with our aim of being an inclusive community club.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly, whether we get one extra person who becomes a lifelong fan or a hundred, all avenues should be included when looking at discounts and that includes uni students.

Antony Moxey

Completed too. My major gist was that across the board it's simply too expensive and too complicated and that revenue needs to be raised elsewhere instead of always through the bloke going through the gate. Junior prices need to be low, as do student prices and senior prices. STs need to be kept simple, although optional extras could be added for those that want them. Not everyone wants or can buy in advance, so there shouldn't be a discount for that, there's no need.

Trying to price kids out of the Doble is poor, as is trying to price supporters out of the premium seats. We don't have enough sponsors clamouring for the best seats so there's no need to try and get rid of ordinary supporters who might be there with their feral offspring spoiling the sponsors' conversations about whether or not to have a slice of cake with their half time cup of tea.

The ground is barely half full so we sould be doing all we can to encourage supporters, not looking for ways to fleece them as much as possible and if we are short of cash - continually pumping out negative messages like that along with guff about difficult seasons and promotions being unlikely just put people off instea of garnering sympathy - then the commercial department needs to up it's game. We have some of the most expensive tickets in the division and pretty decent crowds overall so stop with the begging bowl all the time, it's as embarrassing as it is tiresome.

In short, drop the prices, get more in and stop whining. And improve the quality on the pitch, if the last three seasons of home performances of anything to go by it's no wonder the queues aren't half way down Sidwill Street to get in, especially with today's ticket prices.

grecIAN Harris

Precisely, John.
I must admit to finding Ian's sexist, "Little Englander" attitude a bit depressing.
There is no reason at all why we cannot as a club, target both local children and those attending university.
The "Sod the bloody students" attitude is both short sighted and not commensurate with our aim of being an inclusive community club.
So when we're short in our club pockets again whilst trying to extend our kids price policy to u/16's (as we should) and giving additional price incentives to students (they've already got a discounted rate at the gate), you're not going to moan about the lack of readies? I'm not quite sure where you go the sexist bit in. Being realistic is not being sexist. Most of the female population at the Uni will have nothing to do with the club.

Antony Moxey

So when we're short in our club pockets again whilst trying to extend our kids price policy to u/16's (as we should) and giving additional price incentives to students (they've already got a discounted rate at the gate), you're not going to moan about the lack of readies?
Yes of course we are, but pricing those with no money out of the ground isn't the answer. We need the commercial department to step up to the plate instead of forever expecting supporters to pay more and more.

I know you'll say welcome to Trust ownership, but that's a cop-out. If you want to follow your reckoning then f*** it, let's double admission prices across the board and start signing Championship-level players. There's only so much money sloshing around, expecting those who haven't got any to stump up is as insulting as it is ridiculous as it is short-sighted.

Kids and students should be at absolute rock-bottom prices. Once in hopefully a few of them will become hooked and continue coming ending up supporters for life, and hopefully while they're here they might spend a couple of quid too on refreshments and merchandise, however if you price them out of the ground to start with then they'll spend nothing on anything to do with the club.

grecIAN Harris

Yes of course we are, but pricing those with no money out of the ground isn't the answer. We need the commercial department to step up to the plate instead of forever expecting supporters to pay more and more.

I know you'll say welcome to Trust ownership, but that's a cop-out. If you want to follow your reckoning then f*** it, let's double admission prices across the board and start signing Championship-level players. There's only so much money sloshing around, expecting those who haven't got any to stump up is as insulting as it is ridiculous as it is short-sighted.
Kids and students should be at absolute rock-bottom prices. Once in hopefully a few of them will become hooked and continue coming ending up supporters for life, and hopefully while they're here they might spend a couple of quid too on refreshments and merchandise, however if you price them out of the ground to start with then they'll spend nothing on anything to do with the club.
Next you'll be saying produce your UB40 at the gate and you can get in for bugger all aswell. As for rock bottom prices, comparatively to what I was paying as a kid they're well below that already. 25-30 years ago I was paying nearly as much, if not as much as kids are now to get in. Now consider that adult prices back then were only somewhere about £5-8 to stand, kids should be paying around £5-6 on that comparison now. They pay half that.