• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thoughts from a neutral

Draig Wrecsam

I'm a Wrexham fan at uni in Exeter and paid my first visit to St. James Park yesterday and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the experience.

It's a shame Grimsby set out from the off to get a 0-0 draw and while they did defend well I thought you were unlucky not to get the 3 points. It was unfortunate for you that their centre back Richard Hope was injured for the match, I think he single handedly caused me more suffering watching Wrexham last season than anyone else! The fact they also signed Chris Llewellyn from us in the summer should also have been an early warning to their fans that a season of struggle awaits.

Anyway, was impressed with the way you tried to play football, I thought Stansfield looked particularly sharp and can certainly see why hes been amongst the goals in recent weeks for you.

Hopefully I'll get along to a few more games this season, certainly wouldn't be surprised to see you finish in the top 7 come May, you're definitely better than most of the teams we lost to last season!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Thanks for your comments mate

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
And good luck to you lot on the 17th January, too!!! :D

Grecian_Harryj

Yeh you better have those Torqu*y scum, anyway thanks for the comments, wish you had come down against Gillingham a lot better plaly on that day and you would have got to see Harley, anyway hope you can come up again every person counts.

Last edited:

Draig Wrecsam

And good luck to you lot on the 17th January, too!!! :D
Thanks, it's going to be quite surreal going to Torquay and it being my most local game!

Also think your club should be applauded for ticket prices. Was very impressed with the £8 for students offer and will try and get some more mates to come along next time. To put it into perspective, the cheapest I can get in for at Wrexham is £10. It was also only 50p less to get in at Tiverton Town when I went to watch them last week, so hopefully you'll continue to attract the crowds with such competitive prices and a good standard of football.

Grecian_Harryj

Wow never knew we were that cheap, funny about Tiverton, and if you go into the big bank if you under 17 you get in for a fiver in the atmosphere stand ( big bank).

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bloody students ;)

Whats happening with Kiki Musampa?

Draig Wrecsam

Bloody students ;)

Whats happening with Kiki Musampa?
It seems our chairman is adamant to put up a smokescreen while he goes about selling his majority shareholding to a local property developer. So last week it was Kiki Musampa's coming and the week before it was Robbie Savage.

Next week we'll probably be trying to tempt Zidane out of retirement :)

Red Lion

I'm a Wrexham fan at uni in Exeter and paid my first visit to St. James Park yesterday and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the experience.

It's a shame Grimsby set out from the off to get a 0-0 draw and while they did defend well I thought you were unlucky not to get the 3 points. It was unfortunate for you that their centre back Richard Hope was injured for the match, I think he single handedly caused me more suffering watching Wrexham last season than anyone else! The fact they also signed Chris Llewellyn from us in the summer should also have been an early warning to their fans that a season of struggle awaits.

Anyway, was impressed with the way you tried to play football, I thought Stansfield looked particularly sharp and can certainly see why hes been amongst the goals in recent weeks for you.

Hopefully I'll get along to a few more games this season, certainly wouldn't be surprised to see you finish in the top 7 come May, you're definitely better than most of the teams we lost to last season!
Glad you enjoyed the day, really hope you come again and drag a few extra skins along with you!

What are your, and your mates left at home's thoughts on the Conference/BSP?

For us (IMHO) at the time it was a necessary evil, and a bit of fun (It was much better being at the top of the table for the last 5 years, as opposed to the previous 5 years, most of which were fierce relegation battles.

Again, IMHO, we are now in the same league we were 5 years ago, but had 5 years with lots of fun (and some heart-ache) and are now back where we belong with a far better set up.

I've also got a nose bleed, we're that high up the table!

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Glad you enjoyed it DW! That was the worst performance from City I've seen all season, so if you were impressed, come along again, we can play much better than that!