• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

This run of form

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Had me thinking.....What's the best run we've had under Tisdale? 5 wins on the bounce springs to mind a few years back but this points tally must be right up there.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Think last season we had ten games unbeaten up to Northampton home. Six wins and four draws. Think we went nine unbeaten a few seasons before ending with a loss at Stevenage.

Don't remember us going more than six games during the early years, but might be forgetting something.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Just looking up Soccerbase quickly:

06/07 longest unbeaten run: 8
07/08: 10
08/09: 8 (plus we went unbeaten in our last 7)
09/10: 9 (as part of our run-in where we lost once in our last 13)
10/11: 6 (including a JPT game) - we had a few decent runs including winning 7 of our last 8.
11/12: "8" (I put this in quotes as one was an extra time defeat)
12/13: 7 (this includes a penalty shoot out defeat in the JPT)
13/14: 5
14/15: 8
15/16: 10

So 10, last season and in 07/08, remain our longest unbeaten runs under Tis to date.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just looking up Soccerbase quickly:

06/07 longest unbeaten run: 8
07/08: 10
08/09: 8 (plus we went unbeaten in our last 7)
09/10: 9 (as part of our run-in where we lost once in our last 13)
10/11: 6 (including a JPT game) - we had a few decent runs including winning 7 of our last 8.
11/12: "8" (I put this in quotes as one was an extra time defeat)
12/13: 7 (this includes a penalty shoot out defeat in the JPT)
13/14: 5
14/15: 8
15/16: 10

So 10, last season and in 07/08, remain our longest unbeaten runs under Tis to date.
It would be great to beat that record this season...

However, it's more important that we bounce back quickly when we do eventually lose. It would be really annoying if we then went on a 6-7 game run without a win as it would pretty much end our season.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

However, it's more important that we bounce back quickly when we do eventually lose. It would be really annoying if we then went on a 6-7 game run without a win as it would pretty much end our season.
Indeed. One really good record to repeat/beat would be 125 (?) games without successive defeats.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Very much so. I'd add that what's pleasing too is this run is mostly wins - last season's run was "win away, draw at home".

We have a tough run coming up (four of the next five against teams above us), were we to get through the next five games unbeaten we must surely consider ourselves PO (or even promotion) contenders. Lose on Saturday though and the other four suddenly become mountains to climb.

Terryhall

Very much so. I'd add that what's pleasing too is this run is mostly wins - last season's run was "win away, draw at home".

We have a tough run coming up (four of the next five against teams above us), were we to get through the next five games unbeaten we must surely consider ourselves PO (or even promotion) contenders. Lose on Saturday though and the other four suddenly become mountains to climb.
Agree with this, but just for extra context here's the "equivalent results" from last season (e.g. with teams promoted / relegated mapped to the teams who replaced them) - Brizzle (draw 1-1), Pompey (win 2-1), Wycombe (losr 2-0), Wimbledon (lose 2-0), Argiggle (lose 2-0)

edit - sorry, idiot, forgot to update with last weekends result before I checked my list...

edit - gah! and forgot to move the Wycombe fixture... maybe best to forget the context and just say I agree :D

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not York though? Colchester were relegated from L1 so haven't replaced York. I presume you've implanted Grimsby for the first fixture.

One of our next five games is Wycombe.

Terryhall

Not York though? Colchester were relegated from L1 so haven't replaced York. I presume you've implanted Grimsby for the first fixture.

One of our next five games is Wycombe.
Yep - had to make 2 separate edits to fix my original stupidity (facepalm)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed. One really good record to repeat/beat would be 125 (?) games without successive defeats.
Blimey, was that under Tisdale?