• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

This doesnt belong here but it will get read!

No, bfl, it could have been delegated ...
Yeah but it's not just a case of waving a wand and seconds later the Mods have more powers. I'm sure he'll get round to sorting a few things eventually but I'm not too surprised that Mr E hasn;t been ever present recently.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Actually, it's not far off that. It is usually quite simple to increase the rights of nominated users, ie Mods. But even so I thought, perhaps erroneously, that Juggling Monkey (?) was the deputy...
The problem is so bad, imho, that I find it hard not to view each new user as a multi. Which is unfair on those - probably a minority - who are not. It is that lack of trust which erodes sites. Indeed, I haven't got the foggiest if you're a genuine poster or a multi. I had always presumed the latter. That's how cr*p things are becoming.
Just my view mind ...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You've got a point Shabba. It's a real shame. For those of us who don't / can't attend matches then the combination of GP (on a good day) and the exeweb matchday thread helps to promote a good experience.
I think mostly they've been okay recently. Though rather odd when Radio Devon listeners are 3 minutes ahead of Grecian Player listeners! Probably the home ones are better in that there are less people around to cause mischief. Though I've started to look for local fixtures on a Saturday afternoon though, just to keep away from it all.

StixUK

I am too slow to recognise which multis belong to who but then I have very little common sense. It doesn't bother me too much but then I'm usually blaize about most things in life and prepared to let live.

But I can understand the frustration for other users and if the rules so no multis then so be it.

ecfc01

Then if you don't want anyone else to read it, why put it on a public forum instead of using the Private Messaging facility? Duh!!

I had you down as a bit slow, but not someone who was that thick.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think this thread sums up how seriously some people take life. Just take a step back and remember this is an open internet forum, not your place of work or group of friends.

I notice it is the women that seem to be moaning the loudest, no change there.

There is nothing worse than all this "I am becoming fed up I am thinking of leaving", don't bang on about it on here, just bloody do it or if you can't live without it then stop the whining about it.

Just because you signed-up in 2004 or 2005 it makes you no more important to someone who signed-up today, remember that.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
I think people wouldn't be so miffed if it wasn't such an easy fix - Mr EW quickly chucks in the ability to ban for being a multi, mods go on a banhammer spree, bish bash bosh no more problem.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
...Just because you signed-up in 2004 or 2005 it makes you no more important to someone who signed-up today, remember that.
Huh! It's you pesky newbies that spoil it for everyone ... ;)

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
bish bash bosh no more problem.
Never trust anyone who thinks that the solution involves the words 'bish', 'bash' and indeed 'bosh'.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think this thread sums up how seriously some people take life. Just take a step back and remember this is an open internet forum, not your place of work or group of friends.

I notice it is the women that seem to be moaning the loudest, no change there.

There is nothing worse than all this "I am becoming fed up I am thinking of leaving", don't bang on about it on here, just bloody do it or if you can't live without it then stop the whining about it.

Just because you signed-up in 2004 or 2005 it makes you no more important to someone who signed-up today, remember that.
You seem to not be very good at working things out then, only 2 women who post regularly on exeweb now and there are alot more men moaning about the constant drivvle being posted by multis.