• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

third signing!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Christ he played for Crawley in that game at Easter when they were god awful. Hopefully he'll be more impressive than that day.

Do we now have 4 strikers - Watkins, Wheeler, SImpson and McAlinden?
Assuming we keep Ollie.

grecIAN Harris

Christ he played for Crawley in that game at Easter when they were god awful. Hopefully he'll be more impressive than that day.

Do we now have 4 strikers - Watkins, Wheeler, SImpson and McAlinden?
No is the simple answer to that question. It doesn'tmatter how hard you try to smash a square peg into a round hole, it still won't make Wheeler a striker.

Red Devon

We need better defenders, I hope Tis thinks the same.
Yes! couldn't agree more and I would include the goalkeeping position in that.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Yes! couldn't agree more and I would include the goalkeeping position in that.
Not a chance in hell that we will be getting a new keeper imo. Would need to either accept an offer for Olejnik, or for both of the younger ones to need a new one.

Red Devon

Not a chance in hell that we will be getting a new keeper imo. Would need to either accept an offer for Olejnik, or for both of the younger ones to need a new one.
We need Pym or Hamon to breakthrough, Olesnik doesn't have the consistency to support a strong defence should we get one.

oxford don

Excellent signing. Just need to sign up Noble and Ribs, a new left-back, and probably a central midfielder now.
I think you can Kiss goodbye to both of those now...unless they fail to secure an offer elsewhere...we wont have any money left to pay them.

malcolms

It looks like we are going to run again with a very large squad...Limited options in some positions and overstuffed in others...

oxford don

Should we be signing another Manager as well..just so we can have one on the bench if the current one doesn't perform ??? (devil)

Grecian_Matt

We should be looking at Aaron Martin, just been released from Coventry made a few appearences for Southampton in L1 and at 6'3 should be half decent in the air.

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It looks like we are going to run again with a very large squad...Limited options in some positions and overstuffed in others...
Don't understand this large squad nonsense.

For all intents and purposes Down, Storey, Grimes, Egan, Charles, Byrne and either Pym or Hamon should be considered under-21/development players. Riley-Lowe and Jay could also be mentioned in that group. Of course, hopefully a few of them will breakthrough into the first-team squad next season but, at present, they'll all be on minimal contracts and won't take up much of the budget.

That leaves us with 14 outfield players contracted who have played regularly in the Football League. Far from 'overstuffed' I'd have thought.