• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Third round draw

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone fancy another Wembley away day and spurs?
Yes, especially as they cannot win against the so called lesser teams at present.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone I know that has visited Selhurst Park has described it as a complete crap hole, difficult to get to, restricted views, with awful facilities and disgusting food and drink
It's dreadful for away fans, true, as Palace have kept their hands in their pockets and not developed the two stands on the sides which are on a par with the OG (I remember as a kid when the roof was put on where away fans sit, it was then a basic covered terrace like behind the goal at Luton and has poor leg room).

But the two ends are great, especially the upper deck of the Holmesdale, and it's by common consent the ground with the best atmosphere in the PL.

Parking is awful near almost every PL ground. Never eat at football ground except in dire emergency, so can't comment on the food but I have no doubt it is awful.

ECFC89

No to a massive team in the Prem, where the allocated seating is a nightmare, no atmosphere. I want something Like Birmingham or Bristol City away where we'll bring 1500+ in either situation. Great atmosphere and relatively local, good, easy trip up on train, Where everyone going is a full time City fan without the day trippers.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Would love either Arsenal away for the cash, or Villa away as it's my favourite ground, would fly home for either

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
No to a massive team in the Prem, where the allocated seating is a nightmare, no atmosphere. I want something Like Birmingham or Bristol City away where we'll bring 1500+ in either situation. Great atmosphere and relatively local, good, easy trip up on train, Where everyone going is a full time City fan without the day trippers.
Gotta beat G+FGR fist, not going to be easy.

But have some sympathy with that, the redeveloped Ashton Gate looks good on the box.

Not, please not, MK Dons!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
We definitely need a home draw against absolutely anybody. We should be looking for the kind of draw that could put us into the fourth round for the first time in 36 years, none of this big team nonsense.

denzel

Man City or Arsenal as they are the only two teams we have never played. Preferably away :)

IndoMike

Big team away. Great experience for the players and big money in the kitty. Who wants a crap team at home for a tiny profit and maybe lose.

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

For me, the worst reward if we can see off FGR would be away at Burton. Small crowd, little atmosphere, little money, no TV interest and little chance of an upset. Even if it happened, nobody would notice. Shouldn‘t tempt fate, though.
Worth a trip to Burton simply for the beer.

Banksy

Probably get our old friends Stevenage away after busting a gut to get past FGR.;(

Last edited: