• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Think before booing city!!!

So after watching some of the highest paid players in the world playing their trade in the premiership and wearing 3 lions on their shirt, here's just a little thought.

Next time you boo, grumble or moan that a city player has either lost the ball, miss controlled the ball, hit a wayward shot, hit a bad back pass, mis placed a pass and so on. If the the top English players have trouble then don't complain if ours mess up!!!

I hope after watching England this has put our own players into perspective and hopefully now some city fans won't have a rant everytime this happens!!

This is mainly aimed at a few idiots who sit behind me in the flybe stand who have forgotten where we have come from and that we should be in the prem already!!!

I have moved my seat for this season rather than risk a banning order *-)

greenawayr

Never been one for booing myself, but sheesh i had some sympathy for our supporters last night.

Pobbop

Never been one for booing myself, but sheesh i had some sympathy for our supporters last night.

Agreed, I'd never boo City, but booing that bunch of overpaid muppets after forking out thousands to go and watch them, seems almost acceptable.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yet another thread of sanctamonious crap about how we must support our team/country. If you got sh!t service/food at a restaurant you'd complain. Footballers are no different.

A377 Lad

Firstly the OP makes no sense whatsoever, secondly it's up to me wether I want to boo or not thank you.

If Stewart, on a sizeable wage is unable to complete a 10 yard pass and falls over for about the 15th time when in a prominent position then I retain my right to voice my frustration. When Jones hits 3 goal kicks straight into touch, what do you expect, cheers? it isn't going to happen.

Obviously the England footballers are on very large wages, but lots of players at our club are hardly doing badly themselves and are on more than the average fan.

Grecian_Jay

F*ck right off. If I had spent £5000 and used up my whole year's annual leave to go over and watch my country and that was what I got, trust me I would boo the place down.

And if Rooney etc can't take that then they should re-think their career. They have no concept of real life at all. T*ssers.

Booing during a game isn't on but booing after a performance like that is well justified IMO.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... If you got sh!t service/food at a restaurant you'd complain...
The image of disgruntled customers booing bad service in a restaurant made me smile. Who wants to be first to start this trend? :D

Phil Sayers

Yet another thread of sanctamonious crap about how we must support our team/country. If you got sh!t service/food at a restaurant you'd complain. Footballers are no different.
However customers don't normally claim to "support" a particular restaurant.

Supporters don't boo however bad it is. Customers at SJP or wherever can do what they want on the other hand.

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
F*ck right off. If I had spent £5000 and used up my whole year's annual leave to go over and watch my country and that was what I got, trust me I would boo the place down.

And if Rooney etc can't take that then they should re-think their career. They have no concept of real life at all. T*ssers.

Booing during a game isn't on but booing after a performance like that is well justified IMO.
Did you even read the OP?

grecIAN Harris

However customers don't normally claim to "support" a particular restaurant.

Supporters don't boo however bad it is. Customers at SJP or wherever can do what they want on the other hand.
The point is if you weren't happy with what you're paying for you'd make yourself understood. The average football supporter rarely gets to speak to a footballer and the only way for them to make themselves understood is very loudly at the game.