• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The World Cup...

City Inside-out

Ladies and Gentlemen I am sure you all know, but the World Cup start in one year today. Any views on the matter anybody?

RHINO

I Heard on the news today that England are fourth favorites based on what? what a joke that is
Spain Italy Brazil France Russia Argentina are all better than us and I dare say I missed a few out as well

Incontinentia

Best odds are apparently:

Brazil: 5-1
Spain: 11-2
Argentina: 6-1
England: 17-2
Italy, Germany: 12-1
Holland: 14-1
France: 22-1
Russia, Portugal: 33-1
Ivory Coast: 40-1

The rest are 60-1 or better.

France are past it. But I think there is value in other Northern Europeans (Russia, Holland, Germany and England) due to conditions in Johannesburg in June/July.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Spain will be my tip to win the title, to be crowned European and World Champions at the same time.

DB9

As usual England will be over hyped and i will think its our time to win it, Then we'll get knocked out in the Quarter Finals leaving me disappointed like virtually they do in all other major competitions they play in when we actually qualify for them

newburygrecian

If they get there, it may be worth having a punt on Paraguay / Ecuador / some other mountainous country, due to the altitude factor, although by the later stages that may not matter so much.

Swanaldo

It may be worth having a punt on Paraguay / Ecuador / some other mountainous country......
.......Scotland?

*runs to bookies*

:D

ecfc1970

As usual England will be over hyped and i will think its our time to win it, Then we'll get knocked out in the Quarter Finals leaving me disappointed like virtually they do in all other major competitions they play in when we actually qualify for them
they may have a good chance to win it like you say, but the overkill on the hype, comparisons with 66, missed pens, hand of god, etc gets right on my t*ts

Ashecfc

Holland I think will be a good bet. What do you get for each way (prices and places)?

glos_grecian

they may have a good chance to win it like you say, but the overkill on the hype, comparisons with 66, missed pens, hand of god, etc gets right on my t*ts
there will be all these cliches(with accent thingy), but at least there wont be the old 'it's too hot and humid' excuse as it will be Winter for a change which should be good for us.

Last edited: