• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The winds of change

GJW

are coming. Great times ahead. A real professional and organised Club.

Time to make the improvements necessary to make our Club the most respected in the football league,

and time to drop the things that make us tacky.

For all those 2,500 at the Don Valley you surely cannot deny that the way the goal was celebrated was as it should be

By the fans

noisy, singing

completely unorchestrated

and it went on for ages

and we went beserk

and there was NO GOAL MUSIC.

You cannot deny it was simply Heaven, purely and simply the most natural and fullfilling way to rejoice the moment.

Surely now we can drop goal music.

As an aside, on the Championship programme last weekend I don't remember hearing anyone else play music. I just love to keep bringing this up. Lister, you loved it too?;) Come on, don't deny it.

Digressing again, my 15 month old boy has just walked for the first time tonight just before I typed this. Have just put it on video. Brilliant. My wife and I cheered and clapped. Very special and NO GOAL MUSIC, as it should be when your kid walks for the first time.

Waits for lots of abuse, but hopes for full agreement (finally).

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
are coming. Great times ahead. A real professional and organised Club.

Time to make the improvements necessary to make our Club the most respected in the football league,

and time to drop the things that make us tacky.

For all those 2,500 at the Don Valley you surely cannot deny that the way the goal was celebrated was as it should be

By the fans

noisy, singing

completely unorchestrated

and it went on for ages

and we went beserk

and there was NO GOAL MUSIC.

You cannot deny it was simply Heaven, purely and simply the most natural and fullfilling way to rejoice the moment.

Surely now we can drop goal music.

As an aside, on the Championship programme last weekend I don't remember hearing anyone else play music. I just love to keep bringing this up. Lister, you loved it too?;) Come on, don't deny it.

Digressing again, my 15 month old boy has just walked for the first time tonight just before I typed this. Have just put it on video. Brilliant. My wife and I cheered and clapped. Very special and NO GOAL MUSIC, as it should be when your kid walks for the first time.

Waits for lots of abuse, but hopes for full agreement (finally).
I agree (doo da doo doo da doo doo da doo der doo da doo Chelsea Chelsea etc)

Agree! It's copying other clubs which we don't need to..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Think you've summed up why away games are so special. Though I seem to remember we do sometimes sing that w*nk anyway. Indoctrinated I suppose.

PS. Well done to your sprog! Nice of you to think about such important issues at such a time.

00gill78

Totally agree. I suspect they play the 'goal music' just to wake up the people
in the Flybe stand so they can do a 'Terry Butcher' to the music. Drop it. It
is plastic.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Absofeckinglutely on the money GJW.

Don't blink cos he will be borrowing the car next.

Red the Paper

Banned
Totally agree. Drop the inane goal music and drop the pre match tunes. Total crap. I come to watch the football not listen to some losers choice of music. And the Wurzels are sh*t, they are Bristol City fans and have nothing to do with Devon.

Ditch all music

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree. Drop the inane goal music and drop the pre match tunes. Total crap. I come to watch the football not listen to some losers choice of music. And the Wurzels are sh*t, they are Bristol City fans and have nothing to do with Devon.

Ditch all music
We should only play 'Exeter City Celebrate' by Andy Ford. Oh and that Karaoke Bob one.

Lister

I just love to keep bringing this up. Lister, you loved it too?;) Come on, don't deny it.
But we don't play goal music for away goals either, and Rotherham never got the chance to how us if they do or don't :D

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
And the Wurzels are sh*t, they are Bristol City fans and have nothing to do with Devon.
As someone who is now an outsider, it comes across as incredibly patronising. But I don't live in Devon so not bothered.