• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The 'Who will we be playing' match day thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
McNulty makes Rhead look like a carthorse.We will have to mark him tightly.Now 1-2 Notts score.
Even Akinfenwa makes Rhead look like a Carthorse.

sign of the chimes

Interesting match tonight. I think your performance against Lincoln, who share some similarities with Notts Co. in terms of their *ahem* 'game management', would have made them easier opponents (just in the sense that you probably could have set up very similar).

Given Coventry's win the final could be a really good spectacle (for the neutral). If I were Tisdale I'd set you up to compete and stifle Coventry as you did with Lincoln - on the basis that doing so gives you the best probability of winning the match. Despite the fact I think you've probably got the better players I think you give Coventry a better chance of winning if you go toe-to-toe in an open game.

Either way if I were making odds I'd have you as favourites.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Glad we're playing Coventry, couldn't face John Stead scoring against us yet again. Have Coventry still got that dodgy keeper?

Red Devon

If I were Tisdale I'd set you up to compete and stifle Coventry as you did with Lincoln - on the basis that doing so gives you the best probability of winning the match. Despite the fact I think you've probably got the better players I think you give Coventry a better chance of winning if you go toe-to-toe in an open game.

Either way if I were making odds I'd have you as favourites.
Coventry do look a potent force going forward and could understand any stifling counter attacking tactics.. but Notts County showed in that 15 minute spell early in the second half that if you get at them they really do wobble!....personally I’d like Tisdale to send the team out to have a real go at them to get that all important first goal they have a relatively inexperienced side that may not react well to going behind.