• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The tragic death of "shoe"

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Go to the "quick links" section at the top, and look at "who's on-line" - It tells you who's viewing what thread, and also if anyone is PM'ing.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yes, thanks for that. Could be handy for snooping in future!

ChallinorisaGOD

What a disgusting act of a sick individual I'm appalled at this being fairly new to Exeweb was very sad to learn another Exeter supporter had 'died'. What an absolute ***** hes a disgrace and hope him and none of his namesakes ever appear on these boards again.

haka

Cliff Bastins Shorts said:
I too would like to know who is hiding the sceret of Shoes "resurrection", anyone out there?
Original "Shoe" thread, posted by CBS:

I will PM you Billy as Steve has a lot of old City mates in Exeter who need to be informed of this.

C

Cliff Bastins Shorts

haka said:
Original "Shoe" thread, posted by CBS:

I will PM you Billy as Steve has a lot of old City mates in Exeter who need to be informed of this.
After much deliberation I did not bother to PM "Billy Mcnamara". FACT!

haka

A very cleverly phrased reply, CBS! You could be a politician. Readers will note that you've avoided saying if anybody PMed you ...

Anyway, I'm glad Shoe isn't dead. Although since nobody's admitting any contact at all with "Mr McNamara" or other Shoe-names, it seems that nobody really gave a toss about him anyway. Blimey, if I kick the bucket tomorrow, I hope somebody could at least manage a simple PM to my grieving friend. But nobody did for poor old Shoe, apparently. He must have been sending Private Messages to himself. (Whoosh ... there go the flying pigs).

No need for me to say any more on this sorry business, I'm sure most people have had enough of it now. Unlike others, I've put the facts out there, in public, not hidden behind PMs, and people can draw their own conclusions.

H.

LOG

The shoe is dead. Long live the shoe.

PeteUSA

Shoe was in fact Steve Rookes, and he originally posted under that name until he became 'shoe' He also posted under the username 'minger'. I dont believe he was the Elvis character mentioned above. I'm sure he apologised for the 'death' stunt in a seperate thread incidently.

We shared a lot in common although I never met him. We both used to patronise the Clock Tower Cafe, and new the owner Eric Hayden very well. I remember one time when how under his proper name, he tried to tell Steve Morris how to run exeweb. Steves response was, as you can imagine, one of extreme anger.

Last edited: