• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Stasi

ecfc01

I've been away due to some personall reasons id prefer not to mention. Now excuse my expression here but it looks like sh*t has hit the fan on exeweb! Sort it out lads it's not a playground

exeweb

Administrator
Re: The Stasi in the form of ECFC girl

If i'm honest Steve, I'm somewhat surprised and disappointed with your response. As the administrator and ultimate owner of the site I would have thought that maintaining free and open debate was vital. To bin the whole thread was unnecessary and an overreaction. If anything is on there that you need to remove then remove it. The process of getting rid of the whole thread left a nasty taste and could lead to an impression of capitulating to outside or possibly internal pressure.
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. It took me the best part of an hour to remove the six pages of nonsense that was on that thread. All the moderators on this site are volunteers and neither they nor I are always able to drop everything to spend an hour cleaning crap off ExeWeb. If the thread had been left it would have gone further off topic and made even more work later in the day, so it was removed and an explanation given, before the thread was reviewed and returned.

And all that was done without any of the moderators resorting to name calling, despite some of the utter drivel posted on the thread in question. It's a shame that - once again - people who give up their spare time to make sure this site can function have found themselves on the end of abuse.

As I said on another thread last week, if anyone has a problem with how a moderator has handled anything on this site, people are welcome to PM me and I'll look into it.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. It took me the best part of an hour to remove the six pages of nonsense that was on that thread. All the moderators on this site are volunteers and neither they nor I are always able to drop everything to spend an hour cleaning crap off ExeWeb. If the thread had been left it would have gone further off topic and made even more work later in the day, so it was removed and an explanation given, before the thread was reviewed and returned.

And all that was done without any of the moderators resorting to name calling, despite some of the utter drivel posted on the thread in question. It's a shame that - once again - people who give up their spare time to make sure this site can function have found themselves on the end of abuse.

As I said on another thread last week, if anyone has a problem with how a moderator has handled anything on this site, people are welcome to PM me and I'll look into it.
I think if it had been explained that the thread was being removed for the purpose of cleaning it up then all this could have been avoided:S

exeweb

Administrator

I think if it had been explained that the thread was being removed for the purpose of cleaning it up then all this could have been avoided:S
OK - I accept that people may not have understood what the "sin bin" is for. I'll get it added to the site guidelines so everyone's aware.

MickStagraget

And if you hadn't made a mountain out of a molehill and kicked up such a giant fuss then it would have been avoided also. Your reaction was to act like a 5 year old that hasn't got his way, it was embarassing.

Willy Nilly

It might be time to freshen up the mods on here.

Jenkin is rarely here and ECFC Girl is too cliquey.

I suggest a triumvirate of myself, WeMissMoxey, and Grecian Jay.

ecfc01 can be our gimp.

malcolms

OK - I accept that people may not have understood what the "sin bin" is for. I'll get it added to the site guidelines so everyone's aware.
Thanks Steve, I for one had no idea....

malcolms

And if you hadn't made a mountain out of a molehill and kicked up such a giant fuss then it would have been avoided also. Your reaction was to act like a 5 year old that hasn't got his way, it was embarassing.
Thanks for your advice, I'll bear it in mind and then almost instantly dismiss it.

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
It might be time to freshen up the mods on here.

Jenkin is rarely here and ECFC Girl is too cliquey.

I suggest a triumvirate of myself, Citysfinest and Grecian Jay.

ecfc01 can be our gimp.
That's better

wemissmoxey

That's better
Get back in your basket.