• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Siege!

grecianlife

Is it fair to say now, that it has died down completely?

We took over 1000 yesterday and we made no noise!

Ok, there wasn't a roof but still! poor atmosphere!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
No roof mate, its still on, check the other thread and look at those grounds we've got to go to.

grecianlife

No roof mate, its still on, check the other thread and look at those grounds we've got to go to.
True, Sheffield was amazing, and when there is no roof it is really hard to start an atmosphere
But we need to siege at Home too, So Tranmere!

And when you hoping for the scarves to be done?

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Deffo for Tranmere, 50/50 for the Walsall match :) Orient will be good and Wycombe is always awesome!Possibly Daggers too and Oldham, Bournemouth. Some awesome aways coming up.

Going to get a siege banner (long rectangle) with any profit from the scarves, which will look awesome, especially with everyone holding up their siege scarves at aways!

Last edited:

STURTZ

Didn't Chekov write The Siegel?

Ian_Woodward

It was probably the worst atmosphere I've ever seen from City fans. Can't blame the lack of a roof as when we did sing it could be heard pretty clear, and Walsall managed to create a decent atmosphere last week at SJP with about 1/4 of the fans!

Thought Yeovil fans were excellent in the second half.

Grecian Max

If we had a roof yesterday it would have been amazing, but without one all the noise is 'dead' it disappears with nothing to funnel it. So you give up after a while. Yeovil only had about 15 fans signing for the most of it, but have a stand that is a) not too big and b) has both sides filled in with sheeting.

It's no coincidence that Walsall and Sheffield United had away ends that help towards the noise. This coupled with siege mentality = great atmosphere.

Walsall will be great, do will Orient, Wycombe is always superb for atmosphere. Bring it on.

We need to keep it going because we ain't out of the woods and it isn't job done.

So siege on Wednesday and beyond.

JamieEcfc

We wasn't loud at Yeovil but i thought from where i was stood the noise made /10 would've been 5 being okay.. it's the kind of away stand which you need a drum or something to be heard

i think we need to build a Torquay style away end which shouldn't really cost that much?

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
We wasn't loud at Yeovil but i thought from where i was stood the noise made /10 would've been 5 being okay.. it's the kind of away stand which you need a drum or something to be heard

i think we need to build a Torquay style away end which shouldn't really cost that much?
I think there may be some alterrnative redevlopment plans in place *taps nose*

grecianlife

It was probably the worst atmosphere I've ever seen from City fans. Can't blame the lack of a roof as when we did sing it could be heard pretty clear, and Walsall managed to create a decent atmosphere last week at SJP with about 1/4 of the fans!

Thought Yeovil fans were excellent in the second half.
#1: If you don't have a roof the noise will be terrible, just like most away fans who come down to SJP.

#2: There were only a few Yeovil fans singing, but because there stand behind the goal is much smaller than ours, it's easier to get a good atmosphere going.

Last edited: