• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
We should lend them a couple players on loan like Watkins, Joe Charles, Josh Read, Cam Gill and possibly one of our keepers even for only a month or two whilst not making Torquay pay all the wages. I'd hate to see them go down, but I must say they looked decent when they beat us in pre-season!!!
Agreed Olly surely we need Torquay more than Truro, where most end up.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Watkins is good enough to be in the first team squad. They can have some of the others if it helps the development of those players. We need to look after ourselves.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We should lend them a couple players on loan like Watkins, Joe Charles, Josh Read, Cam Gill and possibly one of our keepers even for only a month or two whilst not making Torquay pay all the wages. I'd hate to see them go down, but I must say they looked decent when they beat us in pre-season!!!
I don't think we can loan Josh Read as he's no longer our player. (released as of 1 January 2016).

OllyMorey

Whilst I feel Watkins is good he's behind Nichols, Stockley, Reid, Hoskins, Alex Nicholls (probably) and possibly Jake Taylor. He won't get much of a look in!!

OllyMorey

Oh didn't know that cheers. On FIFA 16 he's still a City player (but Tom Nichols is lower rated than Clinton on FIFA so what does that tell you haha)

OllyMorey

Agreed Olly surely we need Torquay more than Truro, where most end up.
I don't really know haha!!!

LOG

They've lost their top scorer, Tyrone Marsh, to Dover today for an "undisclosed fee".

Red Bill

I don't think we can loan Josh Read as he's no longer our player. (released as of 1 January 2016).

You're Joking! I thought he looked really promising in pre season. He's obviously too tall to play at CB for us!

andrew p long

They've lost their top scorer, Tyrone Marsh, to Dover today for an "undisclosed fee".
although Marsh has potential, in the short term I suspect Nathan Blissett and Shaun Harrad, strikers signed by the Gulls this month, are better bets

Kingsman

Having watched Torquay and Truro recently I know where I would send my youngsters and by the look of it so do Tisdale and Perryman