• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there a possibility Sutton could forego Promotion as they would as I right in thinking have to replace their 3g pitch? Also is the 6,000 capacity still applicable as they only have just over 5,000 capacity and only 765 seats :)
Clutching at straws methinks

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
If I was a Torquay fan or had a vested interest yes otherwise just asking a genuine question?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at their respective goal differences it seems likely one more win for Sutton will see them up.

Colesman Ballz

Is there a possibility Sutton could forego Promotion as they would as I right in thinking have to replace their 3g pitch? Also is the 6,000 capacity still applicable as they only have just over 5,000 capacity and only 765 seats :)
I think the current requirements for League 2 are a minimum certified capacity of 4000 (but with the ability to increase to 5000), with a minimum of 500 seats with the ability to increase to 1000.

Would still need to replace the pitch as per Harrogate.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
This explains the issue pretty well.

Sutton chairman brands EFL 'dinosaurs' on the subject of 3G pitches (thesun.co.uk)

I looks like Ajose may be able to sign for Sutton. 😊

Pobbop

Gotta say, whilst I care little for Torquay, either way,meaningless little pisspot club, their obnoxious fans, on the banter board, and in "celebrity" circles such as Chamberpot and Charlie Baker (who often presents my fave radio show on Talksports when one of the regulars can't, along with the producer who is a chip-nicker fan) have made me want them to stay non-League forever, let's face it that's what their fanbase, crowd, stadium deserve, so let it be.

Yes, it's probably costing us a bit of cash, but I just remember all of them blathering on in Banter when they went up after 2 years, that 2 years was infinitely better than 5. Hows the maths working now my feathered friends?

Yeah I'm darned petty, but when I turned on to Talksport the day after losing to Northampton to hear Baker tell the nation what "a lovely result" it was, I say **** 'em and all who sail in the nasty, grotty palm-tree nightmare of pensioners and detritus.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the current requirements for League 2 are a minimum certified capacity of 4000 (but with the ability to increase to 5000), with a minimum of 500 seats with the ability to increase to 1000.

Thanks for the response CB I didnt realise the rules had been changed in relation to a reduced capacity. Whilst Sutton have the bare minimum now in seats they would have to install another 300 or at least have the plans to do so? All in all will cost them a fortune according to the article John W posted

Nigel E

If Sutton ended up having to get promotion through the play-offs, they would have about 6 weeks to rip up the plastic and lay a grass one. Couldn't see that pitch lasting the season.

Colesman Ballz

If Sutton ended up having to get promotion through the play-offs, they would have about 6 weeks to rip up the plastic and lay a grass one. Couldn't see that pitch lasting the season.
They would probably do as Harrogate did and play their early home games at another venue.

Banksy

Yes , looks like it’s the joy of playoffs for Torquay now. I’m sort of glad that we’re not going through that nonsense this year , three final disappointments was enough for me. Do it the best way through the autos. Playoffs , I hate the bleddy things.