• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to the official website, despite being an Exeter boy, Josh Key was at Torquay's academy until it was closed down so thank you to the Gulls for letting us have such a talented player.

MerleyRed

This was mentioned by the Salford commentary team yesterday, not something that I was aware of before.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Torquay now two points clear at the top of the National League...

IBA

I wonder what the chances are of us playing the Gulls on Boxing Day 2021?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
More like them and the Scum :ROFLMAO:

Torquay now two points clear at the top of the National League...
Eleven points now!! 🥳

dontpassback

Good on em,I hope they get back into the league,I hope they dont play us because we will be in league one !

haka

Looks like matters are coming to a head. Poor Torquay, looking at a future ranging anywhere from a title win and League 2 Devon derbies next season, through to the worst: closing down.

Anyone have useful info on their prospects now?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like matters are coming to a head. Poor Torquay, looking at a future ranging anywhere from a title win and League 2 Devon derbies next season, through to the worst: closing down.

Anyone have useful info on their prospects now?
Depends if the next phase of the grant promised actually turns out to be a loan, I can't think of many clubs in the Conference that want to take on another debt with no real income coming in.

haka

What happens if everything stops, and clubs go under? If (optimistically) football is back to sort-of-normal in August, how would levels 5 and lower be organised for the next season? "Turn up, bring boots, and jumpers for goalposts" ...

I suppose the answer is "nobody knows yet". Just wondering.