• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Reid and Stockley Conundrum

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think the stockley thing is a bit of a red herring, re Reid. He's always been a player that does well in spells, then disappears. Whether it's because he struggles with fitness, maintaining motivation, or something else, I don't know.. same story at Argyle and elsewhere... But I don't think him going off the boil had much to do with jayden.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reid is not a selfish player but perhaps for confidence reasons he needs to feel he is a main man. Obviously when Stockley arrived he was not gonna be the main man anymore : he was either a partner in a misfit psrtnership or 2nd fiddle to Stockley. There is clearly a direct relationship between the signing of Stockley and Reid's lack of productivity. However, this is not the fault of Stockley, Tis or even Reid. Just one of those things.

Well-known Exeweb poster
whens reidy contracted to ? wouldnt surprise me if someone came in for him.

grecianstew

Bearing in mind that no one wanted him 18 months ago, I can’t imagine there will be much of a que.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bearing in mind that no one wanted him 18 months ago, I can’t imagine there will be much of a que.
18 mnths ago he was unfit out of shape no match time and probably relatively expensive, now he's a whole diferent proposition, he aint ever gonna be rapid but given decent match time he WILL get goals.

Banksy

Maybe our friends down the road will want him back?

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe our friends down the road will want him back?
Would he be good enuf for div 1 ?

andrew p long

Gosh! Conundrum resolved (for an undisclosed fee). Very good business all round - taking Reid in Sept 2016 when he was unattached. He then scores some goals,our league position is transformed and we end up getting undisclosed fee for him(50k?)

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stockley has the best minutes to goal ratio of anyone in our team