• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The real word on Well Street,,,,continued

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does any of this affect Exeter City at all?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The future constitution of our Local Authority CERTAINLY has more effect than the gripes of a single, absent churl from 3,000 miles away.

Just look 40 miles down the Devon Excess way to see how a SUPPORTIVE Local Authority can be handy to dig you out of a ****pile of your own making.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The ward of St James has been saved!

David Treharne

The ward of St James has been saved!
Rather more than that; it's been saved because it has a clear and coherent policy for a number of issues including planning. If the boundary commission agree then it will be one of two Exeter Wards that doesn't have three Councillors, in this case two, and will be contained within the present boundaries of the ward as they are defined. It's a small triumph for rational thinking especially in a ward that already has over 50% HMO's (for that read mainly student accommodation) and is seeking to encourage a balanced community. Some the proposed new boundaries for wards seem to me to contain hugely diverse groups with a dazzling variety of housing stock, planning needs and social needs. Be interesting to see what the eventual outcomes will be.

edindevon

Bit random this and I'm not sure if it's the right thread, but I noticed one Exeter councillor, David Henson (Tory, St Loyes) is quite involved with the FA at a local and national level. I believe his sits (or sat) on the FA committee which selects England managers. Anyway, his register of interests declaration states he is actually sponsored by the FA. If that's the case, shouldn't he be doing what he can to promote the interests of a local community club like ECFC? (It may well be that he is already doing this, I just thought he might be a good person for the club to know about?)

http://committees.exeter.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=882

ECFC Music

Personally I think that this is deliberate purging of the Christian past of our City, by atheist K@@bheads at Exeter City Council. First it was the pointless rebranding of ST GEORGE'S Hall as The Corn Exchange, now Saints DAVID, JAMES and LEONARD are getting the same. Lets identify the weasels, round them up, and have a public crucifixion ! (devil)
I have great sympathy with your view about name changes. Names that mean nothing to anyone are pinned upon places,events and projects frequently to obliterate the past and often to placate some misguided sense of modernity or political correctness.

David Treharne

Bit random this and I'm not sure if it's the right thread, but I noticed one Exeter councillor, David Henson (Tory, St Loyes) is quite involved with the FA at a local and national level. I believe his sits (or sat) on the FA committee which selects England managers. Anyway, his register of interests declaration states he is actually sponsored by the FA. If that's the case, shouldn't he be doing what he can to promote the interests of a local community club like ECFC? (It may well be that he is already doing this, I just thought he might be a good person for the club to know about?)

http://committees.exeter.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=882
Perhaps you also ought to know that the Conservative group on the City Council did not support the proposed changes and intend to submit their own alternative plan to the Boundary Commission. Norman Shiel who is a City supporter and season ticket holder is the Conservative member for St Leonard's and David Henson has been known to attend matches at SJP. His wife was, until she was defeated in the last set of Council elections, leader of the Conservative group. None of those connections will be productive until some issues much closer to home are settled to the advantage of the football club.
You might realise from this gnomic uttering that I would like to say more about the whole farrago, but I can't in a public forum.

Personally I think that this is deliberate purging of the Christian past of our City, by atheist K@@bheads at Exeter City Council. First it was the pointless rebranding of ST GEORGE'S Hall as The Corn Exchange, now Saints DAVID, JAMES and LEONARD are getting the same. Lets identify the weasels, round them up, and have a public crucifixion ! (devil)
Agreed with the ridiculous rebranding of St. George's Hall. Are they really looking to rename St. David's and St. Leonard's? It beggars belief!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps you also ought to know that the Conservative group on the City Council did not support the proposed changes and intend to submit their own alternative plan to the Boundary Commission. Norman Shiel who is a City supporter and season ticket holder is the Conservative member for St Leonard's and David Henson has been known to attend matches at SJP. His wife was, until she was defeated in the last set of Council elections, leader of the Conservative group. None of those connections will be productive until some issues much closer to home are settled to the advantage of the football club.
You might realise from this gnomic uttering that I would like to say more about the whole farrago, but I can't in a public forum.
Are you able to divulge 3 years on?