• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Plymouth Argyle vs Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs Matchday Thread.

mole221

This isn't banter, but will clearly be to the interest of most people, and is ECFC related.. I think the general consensus is a will for the club to survive, and by the sounds of things the stay of execution looks likely.

London Gazette

In charge is Miss Bankruptcy Registrar Sally Barber.

Seems to be three options,
1) Winding up
2) Stay of Execution
or 3) The company announcing that they will go into Administration at the last possible opportunity to allow Ridsdale a small amount of extra time to step in. ( Although I don't understand the legal system so that may be completely impossible, and there may be more options than those expressed above)

journeyman

Very big day for them tomorrow.

I would have thought that if they would have gone into administration they would have done so already, but what do I know?

A stay of execution is most probable if the hearing does go ahead. It just depends how long they get...

Best of luck to them tomorrow, the last thing most of us want is for them to go under.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
A fourth option is that a deal has been done with HMRC.

Mackster

A fourth option is that a deal has been done with HMRC.
I'm going with this option, otherwise I reckon they would have already entered administration.

city_is_my_life

I'm going with this option, otherwise I reckon they would have already entered administration.
Wouldn't they leave that until the last minute though in order to get as long as possible in administration?

CIML

plain capers

Wouldn't they leave that until the last minute though in order to get as long as possible in administration?

CIML
If they remain in administration at the start of next season it will be another 17 points deduction in addition to the 10 that will be applied immediately.

Relying on the whims of a Judge is a very high risk strategy, whatever 'back room' deals might have been set up. Administration yesterday was the sensible call, but that would mean that those that own the club, wouldn't any more.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
No-one "in the know" on Pasoti seems to think a deal has been done with HMRC...

grecianfaniow

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/9267780.stm

seems the beeb has all the garg flaws this season sewn up

grecianite

No-one "in the know" on Pasoti seems to think a deal has been done with HMRC...
Our grecian spy!

Drew Peacock