• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The pies must be good in Cambridge!

tisdale 1

Resigned
to be fair, he didn't leave us for the money, but for family reasons. always seemed like a nice guy, and ill always remember that goal vs wimbledon
family he lives in cambridge?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
to be fair, he didn't leave us for the money, but for family reasons. always seemed like a nice guy, and ill always remember that goal vs wimbledon
I'll always remember him for his goal on Boxing Day a few years ago against Aldershot.

exeips

family he lives in cambridge?
Peterborough not to far away.

Here's what Challinor posted on exeweb when he left.

www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?p=313155#post313155

It's a good job for MalcolmS he never went for that bet with everexe or he would be £500 down by now.

Max Payne 2

I say good luck too him. And if Cambridge go up at Torquay's expense due to a Jon Challinor goal all the sweeter.

DevonSent

Referring to the thread title, my fond memories of a night game a few years ago when we won 3-1 (and Rob Newman was sacked the next day) were made even more sweeter by the MASSIVE bacon butty that they served in the away end food hut. Must have been at least 8 rashers for a couple of quid.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Despite all the dire warnings of a financial collapse at Cambridge last season & a change in a manager,Ihave been impressed with Cambridges start so far.Even with the BSP being tighter than it ever was in our time,I'm expecting Cambridge to go up this year.The fans would deserve it too,thought they gave their team some excellent support at Wembley last year.

Might see Challinor play league football after all.

Last edited:

tisdale 1

Resigned
and the bugger has scored!

ECFC TOM

All the best to him, I say. He is not a League 2 standard player therefore I'm glad we got rid of him, when we did.

M Earl

On the contrary, I think he'd do very well in League 2. He was a great player for us and only left because his family wanted to be closer to home.

ECFC TOM

On the contrary, I think he'd do very well in League 2. He was a great player for us and only left because his family wanted to be closer to home.
Maybe he would but I dont think we'll ever get to find out know, which is a shame for him.