• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The P in PAFC

Mass_Debator

Really, why are they called Plymuff Argyle?

1) most of their supporters come from Cornwall
2) they are currently run by some leeds-based administrator/chairman combo having been previously owned by a variety of comedy muppets from around the globe
3) the club obviously have very little interest in the Plymuff locals or their economy as they won't even pay their hard working staff.
4) Many Plymuffers have been complaining that PAFC are 'an embarrassment to the city' while others are openly hostile to the club
5) only about 40% of the members of their new fans trust actually come from Plymuff (see link)

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53170

Given this I think it's time they removed Plymuff from their name, but with all their merchandise saying 'PAFC' they won't want to have to change all that, they can't afford to! So what word starting with P can they use instead of Plymuff?

I suggest 'Property Argyle FC' after all it's clear that their new owners are only interested in what they can build next to/on top of Gnome Park. The name Property Argyle is therefore a much more precise label for what the club is about.

Any other suggestions? Obviously 'Poverty Argyle', 'Penniless Argyle' and 'P*ss-Poor Argyle' are all worthy candidates.

drake

Really, why are they called Plymuff Argyle?

1) most of their supporters come from Cornwall
2) they are currently run by some leeds-based administrator/chairman combo having been previously owned by a variety of comedy muppets from around the globe
3) the club obviously have very little interest in the Plymuff locals or their economy as they won't even pay their hard working staff.
4) Many Plymuffers have been complaining that PAFC are 'an embarrassment to the city' while others are openly hostile to the club
5) only about 40% of the members of their new fans trust actually come from Plymuff (see link)

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53170

Given this I think it's time they removed Plymuff from their name, but with all their merchandise saying 'PAFC' they won't want to have to change all that, they can't afford to! So what word starting with P can they use instead of Plymuff?

I suggest 'Property Argyle FC' after all it's clear that their new owners are only interested in what they can build next to/on top of Gnome Park. The name Property Argyle is therefore a much more precise label for what the club is about.

Any other suggestions? Obviously 'Poverty Argyle', 'Penniless Argyle' and 'P*ss-Poor Argyle' are all worthy candidates.
All that typing? very dire even by your standards

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
This reminds me of that great old excretian Worzel Gummadge song:

Come on excreters, sing along : "Put a 'Wor' after 'W', and a 'Wor' after 'O', put a 'Wor' after 'R'......and it's away we go ! "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2dOo5Z9dsk

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Everyone should take the pee out of argyle.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Got to be like one/all of B_T_I's posts/threads

Pathetic Argyle

FAN-TATIC

Paupers Argyle ? Paynowt Argyle? Pointsaway Argyle? Plummeting Argyle? Penniless Argyle? Porkus Argyle? The list is endless. PAFC- Pleading Again For Clemency.

I'll get my coat!

plymuffer

I thought the P stood for PRIDE? as in the PRIDE of Devon;)

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Nah; you'll find that's a silent P, you know, as in swimming pool ;)

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
A failing team about to be relegated who are offering less than 1p in the pound to local businesses?

Lots to be proud of ;)

was going to go for the obvious gay pride joke but felt that'd put me squarely at BTI's level

Red the Paper

Banned
P stands for

Penny in the Pound