• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Opposition View

Number13

And is that coach service from the station running Saturday?

CUFCDave

How do you think your team will respond after the Stevenage result? What will the crowd be like, supportive or on their backs?
Well last time we lost heavily at home we went on to play like melons at Carlisle and then even worse against Swindon in the Cup.

We are really inconsistant. If you look at our results we win very well, lose spectacularily or just a bore draw.

I cannot see there being much of a crowd as a lot of fans are getting tired of the same rubbish and rhetoric coming from John Ward every week.

Stevenage should serve as a wake up call to our chairman but it wont. The fans that turn up will attempt to make positive noise, but like your fans have stated for my blog, there is no atmosphere there so no one will hear those. If you score though there will probably be people getting on the manager's back.

It is the manager everyone dislikes and luckily no one has turned on the team just yet.

The shuttle buses will be running as normal from North Station and are £1.50. There is a real ale pub just across the road from where the buses leave called the Bricklayers, however no one knows if it will be open because the wally of a landlord didn't open it on Monday! The Norfolk is a 5 minute walk in the opposite direction from the station however and is an alright pub.

CUFCDave

##LINK REMOVED##

Here is the blog preview.

Safe journey to those that travel.

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

CUFCDave

oh dear unofficialcolchesterunited.wordpress.com/2011/12/30/colchester-united-v-exeter-city/ might need a copy and paste job and sticking www. infront.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Darren Moxey

Resigned

Number13

Just tried to book parking at the ground and our game isnt mentioned? Is parking therfore free or is it not inoperation? Or maybe sold out? Help

CUFCDave

Just tried to book parking at the ground and our game isnt mentioned? Is parking therfore free or is it not inoperation? Or maybe sold out? Help

They usually post the parking tickets out and they wont get their in time, so it has been taken off the web I imagine. I really do not think we are going to sell out the parking. They have a bizarre way of operating in my opinion.

01206 755100 is our main switchboard and cheaper than the premium rate so give that a buzz and speak to the ticket office guys.

The cup tie v Swindon had spaces and I expect a similar low crowd. There is further parking at Rapid Electronics on the buisness park which is a bit of a trek and one of the industrial units also have parking, but I think that maybe even pricier than the ground itself. (ground is £6)

The ticket office people should be able to advise you what is best though.

CUFCDave

##LINK REMOVED##

Blog Report from a Col U perspective.

www. unofficialcolchesterunited.wordpress.com/2012/01/02/colchester-united-2-0-exeter-city/

Thought you chaps were mightily unlucky on Sat. Stevenage had 10 shots on goal against us and scored 6!

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.