• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Opposition View

CUFCDave

Hi all,

I am writing a blog on the U's this season, mostly including match previews and reports.

As part of my preview I like to get the opinion of the opposition fans by asking 10 bog standard questions and I would be grateful if one or a few of you would be able to answer them for me!

Thought I would get it in early due to the festive season. It's ridiculous making you guys travel for a 13:00 kick off this time of year.

1. What were your hopes and expectations for the season and how are they panning out so far?

2. Who should we look out for?

3. What do you think of your Manager and Chairman/how the club is run

4. How would you describe your current style of football, and are you happy with it?

5. What players from Col U are you aware of?

6. Have you visited the Weston Homes before and what is your opinion/experiences of the stadium?

7. Where do you think Colchester will finish this season?

8. What do you think the score will be, and scorers (if any)?

9. Who will be in the top 6 at the end of the season and who do you expect to go up?

10. Who do you think will get relegated?

Hope you all have a good Christmas. I will be be popping back and forth nearer the time. Do you need any parking or pub info?

GrecianWonder

1. What were your hopes and expectations for the season and how are they panning out so far?
Beginning of the season, we were looking on building on last seasons brilliant 8th place finish. But after a few games the key players we had lost seem to shake the entire team and so far hasn't been great! but things are picking up now.

Dan Nardiello if fit is always a threat. If not Troy Archibald Henville's runs from centre back always cause havoc!

Best manager we've ever had and we are the best run club! well we liked to think we are but realistically with the size of our fanbase we would need a change to sustain higher level football

4. How would you describe your current style of football, and are you happy with it?
Well we have had a recent change from Tisdale never playing wingers in the past 3 years to playing wingers for the past three games! Loan signing Chris Hackett from Millwall has made this happen really. I don't mind it at home but away from home I don't think it works!

Anthony Wordsworth and his amazing free kicks!

6. Have you visited the Weston Homes before and what is your opinion/experiences of the stadium?
No sorry haven't!

Midtable but just above us

1-1 Nardiello and Wordsworth

9. Who will be in the top 6 at the end of the season and who do you expect to go up?
Charlton, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield, Mk Dons and anyone but Stevenage!
I would expect Charlton, Sheffield United and Huddersfield to get promotion
Sadly i dont think Yeovil will escape this year, along with Rochdale Chesterfield and Walsall

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
1. What were your hopes and expectations for the season and how are they panning out so far? Hoped for midtable, expected a relegation dogfight. All coming too true

2. Who should we look out for? Dan Nardiello if he’s completely regained fitness. Gillem Bauza ditto

3. What do you think of your Manager and Chairman/how the club is run Our manager Tis has been as huge success, though lately his tactics and selections have appeared strange to many. Chairman is a nonentity as fan as the fans are concerned; majority owned by a Trust who appear to do very little to inform or involve the fans; “we own our football club” is a fairly hollow chant.

4. How would you describe your current style of football, and are you happy with it? Confused. No

5. What players from Col U are you aware of? Most are little known; Wordsworth the real star, Dugid is of course known from Argyle days, will get routine boos for that. Like your keeper Williams

6. Have you visited the Weston Homes before and what is your opinion/experiences of the stadium? I hate it; my least favourite ground in L1. Impersonal, unwelcoming, no pub for miles, cold, basic.

7. Where do you think Colchester will finish this season? Mid table

8. What do you think the score will be, and scorers (if any)? 2-1 to you; Wordsworth and Henderson; Nardiello for us

9. Who will be in the top 6 at the end of the season and who do you expect to go up? As now: Charlton, Wednesday, Sheff U., Huddersfield, MK, Brentford. Charlton, Wednesday, Hudderfield up

10. Who do you think will get relegated? Yeovil, Chesterfield, Wycombe, Rochdale or Walsall. Us to escape on the last day.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
1. What were your hopes and expectations for the season and how are they panning out so far? After finishing 8th last season, but then seeing Jones, Taylor, Cureton and Harley all leave during the summer, I would have settled for mid-table and I think so far our season is shaping up nicely to achieve that.

2. Who should we look out for? Dan Nardiello when injury free and on form, but loanee Chris Hackett is a tricky customer.

3. What do you think of your Manager and Chairman/how the club is run? We Own Our Football Club, nuff said.

4. How would you describe your current style of football, and are you happy with it? Paul Tisdale likes a tippy-tappy, beautiful passing philosophy to his game, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

5. What players from Col U are you aware of? Wordsworth, the winger, has always been a threat and a constant thorne in our backside.

6. Have you visited the Weston Homes before and what is your opinion/experiences of the stadium? Haven't visited so can't comment.

7. Where do you think Colchester will finish this season? Around mid-table aswell.

8. What do you think the score will be, and scorers (if any)? Hopefully not a repeat of last season, so I'll settle for a draw or any sort.

9. Who will be in the top 6 at the end of the season and who do you expect to go up? Charlton will win the league, Huddersfield will get automatically promoted and MK Dons will go up through the playoffs.

10. Who do you think will get relegated? Yeovil, Wycombe, Chesterfield and Rochdale.

ECFC traveller

Top half finish - Still personally believe we will get there.

Nards and Bauza when on form will destory you.

Our manager is the best in the league without a doubt doing so much for us with so little money. Through tactics that look completely stupid from the eye of the fan, yet always pull off and work correctly [ Well most of the time ]

We try and play to good football, but can't really hold our own in this league, prefer to do a bit more route one football to shock the opposition

Wordsworth that's it , don't know any others

Average league 1 stadium, not great not bad, location VERY VERY poor.

2-0 City when we play you at yours. Naridello with both

Charlton top, Hudders second, sheff united third, sheff wed fourth mk 5th and brentford 6th

Bottom - Chesterfield
2nd Bottom - Rochdale
3rd bottom - Yeovil
4th bottom - Walsall

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi all,

I am writing a blog on the U's this season, mostly including match previews and reports.

As part of my preview I like to get the opinion of the opposition fans by asking 10 bog standard questions and I would be grateful if one or a few of you would be able to answer them for me!

Thought I would get it in early due to the festive season. It's ridiculous making you guys travel for a 13:00 kick off this time of year.

Hope you all have a good Christmas. I will be be popping back and forth nearer the time. Do you need any parking or pub info?
1. Improvement on last year. Not going well. I did predict we would be sh*t though so I was right again.

2. No one really. Only decent player we have is duffy and he can't get in the team.

3. Manager is past his sell-by date and needs to go, no one will want him now. Trust is run poorly but is the only option.

4. Football is awful, basically consists of lumping the ball up to 5f6" players and then losing it. I also don't think we have scored in the first half for about 4 years.

5. Is O'Toole still there? He's pretty good as is Bond.

6. Nope, looks terrible and souless (no offence).

7. 14th

8. 2-0 to you lot.

9. Charlton, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, MK Dons, Huddersfield and Brentford, with MK Dons making it from playoffs.

10. Wycombe, Chesterfield, Rochdale and Exeter.

1. What were your hopes and expectations for the season and how are they panning out so far? Relegation dogfight, after seeing the spine of our team move on over the summer. As expected.

2. Who should we look out for? Daniel Nardiello (if fit)

3. What do you think of your Manager and Chairman/how the club is run Decent manager, who's probably in the top 5 best of the bottom two divisions. Club could be run a lot better and we could unfortunately find ourselves in trouble if things aren't changed.

4. How would you describe your current style of football, and are you happy with it? It has been quite dull so far this season; Tisdale favours a passing game which is fine, however it hasn't quite come together as well as it did last season.

5. What players from Col U are you aware of? Wordsworth and Williams have always impressed me.

6. Have you visited the Weston Homes before and what is your opinion/experiences of the stadium? Sorry, but have to agree with other contributors on this thread. Soulless and no decent pubs.

7. Where do you think Colchester will finish this season? Mid-table.

8. What do you think the score will be, and scorers (if any)? 1-1. (Bauza)

9. Who will be in the top 6 at the end of the season and who do you expect to go up? Charlton, Huddersfield, Shef Weds, Shef Utd., MK Dons and Stevenage (surprise package)

10. Who do you think will get relegated? Chesterfield, Rochdale, Walsall and Orient. (hopefully!)

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis

Hoped for a top ten finish, maybe settle for top half. Expect us to finish lower mid-table now barring a quick upturn in results

On our day we play very well as a unit, we don't really have stand-out players as they dip in and out of form and several of our best players are only dangerous when the team as a unit is performing

Fully behind Tisdale, the management and trust model

Off form at the moment. When we are on fire I believe us to be among the best footballing sides outside of the premiership. I've seen us play football at league one level that was just unbelievable

Loads - John Joe O'Toole, Kemal Izzet, Odejayi, Henderson, Wordsworth, Coker and Duguid

Was very impressed you got the game on last time, was throwing it down. Loved the ground and the experience, though it is a little out in the sticks

Mid-table, like us

At the moment, I think we'll maybe draw, 0-0 or 1-1, Bauza for us, Wordsworth for you

1. Charlton
2. Sheff Utd
3. Sheff Weds
4. Huddersfield
5. MK
6. Carlisle

Wednesday up in the play-offs

Hopefully not us

CUFCDave

Thank you very much guys.

Much appreciated and will post the preview on here when I have finished!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thank you very much guys.

Much appreciated and will post the preview on here when I have finished!
How do you think your team will respond after the Stevenage result? What will the crowd be like, supportive or on their backs?