• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Only Good Thing About Plymouth

ecfc1970

it is a difficult one this one...i mean they even stopped building the M5 at Exeter due to the beleif that there's nothing worth going any further for, unless you want to go to Newquay but then we all know the faster road takes you well north and clear of scumsville.

however i have been amused when leaving plympton via the marsh mills roundabout as the left hand lanes do state the way to EXETER CITY...lol

On_The_Beach

Bit unfair, I quite like The Hoe and surrounding areas, and walking around the city centre is as entertaining and intriguing as a day at Paignton zoo.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've been considering this since the thread started but I still can't think of anything....erm.... I know a hot girl who lives down there but even she's got a bit of a tash *-)........nope....ooohh I know...nope that's not right. Ummm oh yeah it's got a lovely Cathedral, oh crap, that's Exeter isn't it......what about the Tamar bridge? That's fairly cool, mind you it does connect 2 very sh*t places.

I'll leave it for the minute, maybe someone else will be able to think of something ;) :D

whiptonace

Everthought why Exeter needed to be bi-passed.

newburygrecian

Because otherwise all the people going to Cornwall would realise what a wonderful place it is and stop there instead.

I note that Plymouth doesn't need a bypass...

sonnyman

On the rare occasions I go to the city on the Plym, I look at the red and white of the lighthouse on the Hoe and I feel a little piece of Exeter watches over the Plymouth brethren and keeps them safe.

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because otherwise all the people going to Cornwall would realise what a wonderful place it is and stop there instead.

I note that Plymouth doesn't need a bypass...
Yet Exeter has a RING road, very apt!

;)

Phil Sayers

I suppose Drake's fleet came from Plymouth so that's good but after that I'm struggling.

Those poor sods on the Mayflower got PTSD so badly they had to cross an ocean to recover from the delights of Plymouth....

grecianfaniow

we have a ring road to help cope with the hoardes of Exeter fans in and out everyday lol
plymouth is slightly in cornwall anyway so that means you aint proper DEVON!

StroudGrecian

Boat to Spain