• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Burton Albion Matchday Thread

🎵 Now slip that hip and make a snip.
Yeah ... you're doing the 'Scissors' baby!
🎵

Can’t believe this was shanked over the bar. Good to see him getting in these positions though!

ECFC-GC

I didn’t see Jules in those pictures.
Probably grounded in the dressing room and told that he wasn’t allowed out with his mates until he can behave himself.
Following the melee at the end of the first half it appeared to me that The Burton Central defender was goading Jules from the penalty spot all the way to and into the tunnel, all missed by the ref, so I am not surprised Jules reacted in some way.
Generally the ref was rubbish and might just as well had a yellow Jersey on!

Grecianpasty

That was Aimsons best performance in a city shirt.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really enjoyed myself today and my m8 said the same, great to see a support that genuinely loves their club so much no matter where they are in a league and I mean no disrespect with that, ended up biting my nails for the last 5 minutes hoping Exeter would win, we will definitely be back and we are looking at following Exeter away where possible as well, as I said previously there is no team on this earth for me other than Glasgow Rangers but both of us will be back watching Exeter as our new English team and we will be bringing a few other boys with us, great day out.
Good lad Scotty, great to have you and your mates on board 👍

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Following the melee at the end of the first half it appeared to me that The Burton Central defender was goading Jules from the penalty spot all the way to and into the tunnel, all missed by the ref, so I am not surprised Jules reacted in some way.
Yup that what was I saw too - initially Carroll intervened but walked off leaving 2 Burton players to walk close to Jules all the way to the tunnel.
Ref was right behind them so would have got full view of incident.

Antony Moxey

Enjoyed that as much as the Bolton game. The result was never really in doubt and we never looked like a side with only ten players on the pitch. Cole’s’ goal was a peach, but Harris should have scored an identical one in the first five minutes. It always looked as though it would end up 2-0 rather than 1-1, Burton really were hopeless giving the ball away with daft passes out for thrown ins so many times.

Rather like our one real downer today Sweeney who was utterly hopeless for the entire time he was on the pitch. If he hadn’t been substituted through injury then it was only a matter of time before Caldwell hooked him as pretty much every pass he attempted went straight to one of theirs. No idea what the Jules incident was all about, but we coped fantastically with Caldwell making the right subs at the right times.

So 47 points now and 12 above relegation with seven to go. It’s been a good effort since Christmas when looked for all the world definites for the drop but here we are now looking for all the world definites to stay up. Well done Caldwell, the staff and the team - today was a good day to be a City fan.

HarryECFC

Aye it was good m8, there's nothing better than standing behind the goal on a terrace, it just feels so much better.
Welcome to the big bank pal!

Now it's time for you and your friend to fully pledge your English Allegiance. https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.uk/- Join the ownership!

Bridgy 81

I don’t know what Jules was sent off for.
And I don’t doubt what you say about the Burton player’s provocation.
But if he reacted physically in the tunnel just to some verbals then the Burton bloke has done his job.
Let’s see if what prompted his reaction worthy of a red card leads to us appealing against it.
If not, Jules has been done hook, line and sinker and we will have to endure the consequences of his actions.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
But if he reacted physically in the tunnel just to some verbals then the Burton bloke has done his job.
Let’s see if what prompted his reaction worthy of a red card leads to us appealing against it.
If not, Jules has been done hook, line and sinker and we will have to endure the consequences of his actions.
E&E report a headbutt

grecIAN Harris

It must have been a fair amount of provocation as Jules usually seems calm and accustomed.🤔