• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City FC v Huddersfield Town FC Matchday Thread

A Slacker

For a player with pace, the two centre halves had him comfortably in their pack pockets and they didn't exactly look like speed merchants to me.
So now you acknowledge that he does have pace? He is a teenager with pace and talent playing against two of the most experienced CBs in the division. No contest.

No Billy Jones today. Could he have made a difference? ...
Is there an official line on why Billy wasn't picked? Hamstring perhaps:like the one Artur so obviously picked up?

jase 07

I was strangely confident of a result today and even more so when I saw the team but..........
I did enjoy the game although it was incredibly frustrating. The middle bit of our team looks good but once again our defending and finishing were embarrassing at times. There are pluses though - Troy was excellent and is starting to look and sound like a real leader, shame that Tully and Coles were next to him and the two Chuckle brothers were in goal. Noble and Dunne were both very good in patches whilst Taylor worked his socks off and caused all sorts of problems (GrecIan Harris - Taylor has pace). I also think that it is starting to come back together for Nards - nothing special but great workrate and worked well with those around him.

I am away for the Rochdale game but do think that we will get at least a point. My biggest concern is who's going to put the ball in the net and biggest "if only" is "if only we still had Ben Hamer".
And if only we still had Jamie C, he scored the winner at Spotland last season.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
So now you acknowledge that he does have pace? He is a teenager with pace and talent playing against two of the most experienced CBs in the division. No contest.
No. I wasn't quite sure what to make of him to be honest. He got bossed out of the game in every physical contest but did look quite good on the ball when he did eventually find himself some space.

huddersfan

Don't want to come across as patronising here but I would not be too downhearted. Just got back home after the game and you were nowhere near being the worst side we have played this season.

If you keep plugging away, as another poster said, it doesn't matter about this result - its what you do against the likes of Yeovil and Walsall et al that really matters.

I am sure you will get out of the mire, given time. All the best for the rest of the season.

manc grecian

Not sure what to make of that today. Defensively we were absolute f*cking awful in the first half. I'm guessing Artur is taking the majority of the sh*te. Its apparent that Artur has no confidence in those playing in front of him and they have no confidence in him. I have to say that Coles outshone him today. He put in one of the worst individual performances I have seen. He has the pace of arthritic pensioner and the turning circle of a Boeing 747, he cant head the ball and his reading of the game is awful.

We need to get rid of playing 4 at the back asap, the back four are constantly exposed especially when they are exposed by the plodding useless captain who offers no leadership whatsoever and gave the ball away far to often.

The positives were we looked half decent going forward, Taylor was good nuisance value but looked like he could do with playing alongside someone. Dunne made some good runs in the second half, granted he should have scored but it was good to see him bursting from midfield. If we dont get him back in the centre soon we will be Donald Ducked.

Also impressed with the way the team didnt give in even when the third went in, hopefully bode well and hopefully we wont come up against a front two like Huddersfields every week.

PeteUSA

Don't want to come across as patronising here but I would not be too downhearted. Just got back home after the game and you were nowhere near being the worst side we have played this season.

If you keep plugging away, as another poster said, it doesn't matter about this result - its what you do against the likes of Yeovil and Walsall et al that really matters.

I am sure you will get out of the mire, given time. All the best for the rest of the season.
What a nice person.

What did you think of our two keepers incidently?

LammieLammieLammie

Manc, great post.

Agree with most of that. I said at the start of the season we have no leaders, and nothing I have seen since has made me change my mind.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Pete, there's 11 in the team, does it always have to be about the keeper?

huddersfan

What a nice person.

What did you think of our two keepers incidently?
Hmmm. Do I really have to answer that? :) How come you let Ben Hamer go?