• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Kingsman

Apart from seeing the name mentioned on a Grecian Max post I haven't seen Steve Tullys name mentioned. I've been an admirer after watching Truro. First season saved them from relegation, second promoted, third play offs. Back to City under 16's win EFL cup. Now proffessional development coach at Bristol Rovers. A grecian through and through. and good at developing players Matt Jay looked a dsifferent player after his loan spell at Truro and as Harry Rednapp said Isaac Vassell was one of the most exciting players he had seen before his tragic injury.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apart from seeing the name mentioned on a Grecian Max post I haven't seen Steve Tullys name mentioned. I've been an admirer after watching Truro. First season saved them from relegation, second promoted, third play offs. Back to City under 16's win EFL cup. Now proffessional development coach at Bristol Rovers. A grecian through and through. and good at developing players Matt Jay looked a dsifferent player after his loan spell at Truro and as Harry Rednapp said Isaac Vassell was one of the most exciting players he had seen before his tragic injury.
Tulls, if you havent been invited to an interview I suspect the boat has sailed?

Red red

Julian Tagg on the new manager search

What a load of rubbish
That is one of the worst interviews I have heard for a long time

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a load of rubbish
Would you like to expand on your thoughts? Why and what in particular was rubbish?

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
When the dust settles and we appoint someone else I won't rub it in Geoff and his crew's faces (can imagine how it would be the other way round....)- I just want City to continue this upward trend and stay in this division for the long term. KN ain't the man, Taggy clearly skirted any major praise for him in that interview so it should be all ok. UTC.
There wont be anything to rub in my face however things go max. We are all simply discussing the issue blindly. We have no idea who has been interviewed or how they did. Ive simply stated who i would appoint. Others have said differently. I don't take it seriously as you seem to do because I have no say in the matter so it's all idle speculation and I doubt whether taggy reads exeweb for his decisions. Whatever the final choice, whoever gets handed what others have called the 'poisoned chalice', I will support that call, as I supported MT.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
There wont be anything to rub in my face however things go max. We are all simply discussing the issue blindly. We have no idea who has been interviewed or how they did. Ive simply stated who i would appoint. Others have said differently. I don't take it seriously as you seem to do because I have no say in the matter so it's all idle speculation and I doubt whether taggy reads exeweb for his decisions. Whatever the final choice, whoever gets handed what others have called the 'poisoned chalice', I will support that call, as I supported MT.
Good stuff then, no more "Nicholson for manager" posts from you, thank god ;)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would you like to expand on your thoughts? Why and what in particular was rubbish?
I will ask the same question I thought JT’s demeanour was excellent and his comments were carefully considered and delivered well.

He seems to get a lot of flack from certain individuals on here whereas IMHO I have always thought he has talked nothing but good sense and that we would be much the poorer without his involvement.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will ask the same question I thought JT’s demeanour was excellent and his comments were carefully considered and delivered well.

He seems to get a lot of flack from certain individuals on here whereas IMHO I have always thought he has talked nothing but good sense and that we would be much the poorer without his involvement.
We both know him well and what he has done for the club. It's fair to say that without his involvment over many years our club wouldn't be what is has become today. No idea how he will be replaced when the time comes and more important than the manager!

gilbertshoot

What a load of rubbish
So the bloke that appointed KMT doesn't know what he's doing then?!

Bat Fastard

just seen alan curbishley alight the train at st david's, not sure if it's significant