• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
My understanding is that even if you're employed and under contract you can still apply for other jobs. Why wouldn't you be able to? Employment law doesn't differ for football managers does it?
The way it usually works, is a Club advertises the Manager role, applicants apply, there is then a shortlisting process. If a manager who is in work is selected for an interview, the Club advertising needs to seek perission from the applicants employing Club (unless they have certain clauses in their employment contracts that negate this).

If we choose to offer the role to someone who is currently under contract at another Club, we would need to pay compensation. I can't see that being overly problematic given we got compensation for Matt Taylor.

Arthur Davey

Confirmed that Tisdale has been interviewed
🥱

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who confirmed this ?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who confirmed this ?
Bootroom of Exeweb confirmed it so its true, okay.

He's entitled to be interviewed.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He rocked up in jeans and said that winter football, a low sun, and the constant hugs from his bessie Ted Baker were the reasons for his 18% win ratio since leaving us.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I. Would. Cry.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I. Would. Cry.
you would be that happy :)

C j phill

It would be interesting to see how Trust members reacted to the Trust and Club Board, if Tisdale was appointed.

I can only assume that it is a wind-up, that he's being interviewed, or if he is, that the Club is simply following HR protocol and that a stronger candidate becomes apparent through the interview process.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
It would be interesting to see how Trust members reacted to the Trust and Club Board, if Tisdale was appointed.

I can only assume that it is a wind-up, that he's being interviewed, or if he is, that the Club is simply following HR protocol and that a stronger candidate becomes apparent through the interview process.
Some people like being sneaky and devilish saying stuff to wind up the fans, Until the new guys in place virtually every out of work manager will be "Favourite"

ExmouthMart

The Manager is a Club Board appointment, nothing to do with The Trust. The Club Board run the club. They will appoint who they feel fits the unique criteria of being Manager of Exeter City. I may be wrong though but I believe The Trust can only influence Club Board decisions in certain circumstances. The one and only time I think this has happened was calling time on you know who…..