• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The most beautiful places on Earth

axred

Oludeniz in Turkey is absolutely stunning
In the uk , well not to far away really , if you take the bridport to weymouth road (coastal) the view of chesil beach streching around to portland as you come down that big hill before Abbotsbury , it has always stuck in my mind that view , just looks awesome

greenawayr

Taking a career break next year to travel the world so hope to have a better range of knowledge to answer this then, but what I've seen so far, Grand Canyon is spectacular from the rim but even more breathtaking from the basin. I plan on hiking to Everest Base Camp on my year out so imagine I'll see some amazing sights along the way there too.

But for me Milford Sound in New Zealand is truly spectacular. Amazing natural formations and on a quiet day completely serene! Found it difficult to fault the parts of Hawaii that haven't been taken over by Americans completely and in terms of the most beautiful city I've always loved San Francisco.

Mind you, the old Plym Valley railway which is now a cycle and walk path is a fantastic place to be on a sunny day, even if you are training for a marathon!

Last edited:
Oman, beaches, mountains, wadis, people,all beautiful.
Also sailing into Rio takes some beating, and the sraits of Magellan

BuffaloWFC

Durdle Door at sunset...

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Jenny Cliff -view over Plymouth Sound.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cala Galdana in Menorca

i_m

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cala Galdana in Menorca

i_m
30 years ago maybe.

I like mountains me !

greenawayr

30 years ago maybe.

I like mountains me !
I'll bring back some snaps from the himalayas in a couple of years time then Poults. Don't come much more mountainous than them ones. They're gurt biggun's!

Grecian2K

There can SURELY only be one winner here??!

GAME OVER
(Although the view EAST from Marsh Mills Roundabout ran it close)

Poultice

I'll bring back some snaps from the himalayas in a couple of years time then Poults. Don't come much more mountainous than them ones. They're gurt biggun's!
Not a big fan of seriously bigguns, particularly not fond of being uppem, I don't do heights, more of a foothill sized mountain kinda guy with a few lakes thrown in, you know, picturesque rather than overtly challenging.