• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The mighty ECFC's promotion odds

Ashecfc

All commercial betting shops actually have a disclaimer on accumulators saying something to the effect of "if you have odds greater than 1000 to 1 we wont pay out more than that figure."

They dont tell you this but its written quite cleary on the betting stub small print. Therefore if you ever do an accumulator make sure the combined odds come as close to 1000 to 1 as possible to avoid diminishing returns.

My sister confirmed this for me. she works in a bookies in Tooting. Proper mugs game.
Really I do know some who won 25k on a footy acc and he got all of his money ( jammy person).

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
How much did he put on?
If he put £25 on it wouldn't surprise me.

Ashecfc

no more than 5er, it was the season before, where leeds beat manu at OT, I think he got like 15ish results correct.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
So that's 5k:1.

Which bookies??

Ashecfc

I believe it was laddies.

mammooman

I would hazard a guess that the 33/1 would be for city to WIN the league, NOT gain a top 3 finish as stated in the original post. No doubt top 3 is an each way bet at 1/4 or 1/5 of the odds. 33/1 to finish 3rd!? No bookmaker is that stupid.

To gain promotion would be a different bet entirely, probably around 12/1 to 15/1.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hmm that's who my sister works for, maybe they've changed it since then.

They also have hard limits for both individual bets and daily total company payout. Some poor bloke in Southampton a year or so back got paid out ~£30 on a bet which theoretically was valued at £7.1 million. The depressing thing is because they have it written down before you place the bet you don't have a leg to stand on if you try and take them to court despite them essentially mis-advertising the value of the bets they are selling.

http://footballbettingbrain.com/betting-advice?page=1

Is a pretty decent article (albeit a bit out of date,) on the subject of accumulators and why they are generally a weak use of money.