• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The harsh reality (2)....

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would suggest the 1931 fund maybe if you want to contribute to something where you know exactly where the money is going. or Start up your own fund for people to put money into that can be used for projects in and around the Park, Training ground and other projects to help the club
The only way the 1931 would interest me is if the members had a say on the player signed (clearly never gonna happen). I just don't trust Tisdale enough to do the right thing and that is being shown again with Mcnish and Norwood.

I only found out the foundation 3 weeks ago so looked into that only to find out that that is now all changing or could be lost completely. Maybe I kept missing it but this must have been poorly advertised.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only way the 1931 would interest me is if the members had a say on the player signed (clearly never gonna happen). I just don't trust Tisdale enough to do the right thing and that is being shown again with Mcnish and Norwood.

I only found out the foundation 3 weeks ago so looked into that only to find out that that is now all changing or could be lost completely. Maybe I kept missing it but this must have been poorly advertised.
Fair cop. Your money your choice after all.

I personally like the 1931 fund but i would prefer if it was just added to Tisdales budget because i think the problem i would have is im paying for a player not play would set in on me also.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

I have no fricking idea why anybody would think that spending a significant sum on a new pitch made any sense at all given the state of the economy and the predictable absence of any saleable assets.
I think it's blindingly obvious why we had a new pitch - making money isn't the sole purpose of the club's existence.

ECFC-SHAWN

Tisdale predicted a decent pitch would improve our performance and improving on last years performance? *sigh*

Grecian_Jay

I think it's blindingly obvious why we had a new pitch - making money isn't the sole purpose of the club's existence.
Hey Tone, excuse my ignorance but what was the reason? Please don't say to aid our 'good football', coz if so it hasn't been a great investment has it.

Rog H K

I have no fricking idea why anybody would think that spending a significant sum on a new pitch made any sense at all given the state of the economy and the predictable absence of any saleable assets.
The best person to speak to is Clive the grounds man who had a battle on his hands with the pitch before it was re done, he was always patching it up all the time, this in itself was a drain on time and cash. We have yet to call off a game due to rain too ( :-#). The cost of calling off games is painful too. Money saved is money earned.

ECFC-SHAWN

But that money could've gone to helping us get too the play offs. Which was roadside plan. Which hasn't really worked.

Antony Moxey

Hey Tone, excuse my ignorance but what was the reason? Please don't say to aid our 'good football', coz if so it hasn't been a great investment has it.
Well of course it was to aid our football - seriously, why else would we get a new pitch? As for how good an investment it's been, that will always be a moot point because we don't know how the current squad would have fared had we not had a new pitch - perhaps our results would have been worse - but I would suggest it's difficult to argue against having the old pitch replaced.

LOG

On the subject of the pitch, who paid for the 'new' one having to be re-laid?

Genuine question, i don't remember seeing any clarification.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

With all the rain weve had the last few days. With the old pitch we would all be worrying about tommorow with regards to getting the game on.

Games being called off costs money. As has been stated on here previously

Again with regards to has it aided our football. Tisdale would say it will and does. I personally think the old pitch in our first lge 1 season helped us against he better sides