• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Harley can f*ck off thread.

foxy jim

Aye, right enough, silly me. F*ck the lot of them, bastards!

:cool:
Only the players who want out.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
City need money. who cares if its Brighton offering cash. we should of said yes to it. if Harley said i don't want to join Brighton then City should of said your here till you contracts up. then on your bike.
Like I said, how do you know we were ever in a position to accept their offer? We can't force a player to sign for another club.

And isn't Harley here, in effect, until his contract's up anyway? Whether he signed for Swansea now or at the end of the season he'd still be going there in the end so what's the difference?

Herbie65

U can't blame Harley for tonites performance as they were all pretty poor.but that appeared to b down to shape & the system we played.What I can't understand is why we have changed from having tully & golbourne that get forward & give us width to matt & troy.we got out muscled in midfield too & to give b'ford some credit they hustled us when ever we got the ball & stopped us playing.players like Harley & noble aren't gonna function when teams do that.their wingers won that game tonite & that's something we have always needed.we have not become a poor team in 3 or 4 games but need to go back to what we were doing right ASAP.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Useless yet again, doesn't give a f*ck. Could say harleys 'negativity' is rubbing off on others around him. Sercombe has been sh*te of late.
When he f*cks off Noble & Jones can follow him.
I'll be honest and up front. I have only read the OP. And my question is this, are you a WUM par excellence? Just curious. I saw no 'negativity' from Harley, quite contraire. As for Sercombe, well, he had at least one terrific run across the length of the pitch ...

PeteUSA

And isn't Harley here, in effect, until his contract's up anyway? Whether he signed for Swansea now or at the end of the season he'd still be going there in the end so what's the difference?
I totally fail to understand the in's and out's of Harleys situation, but I certainly dont buy into the suggestion by somebody that while he is now a Swansea player, he wanted to stay with us "to see the job out". If he wanted to stay with us, the only logical reason would be to retain match fitness as much as he can before his move. I think its ridiculous of Tisdale to expect any loyalty from Harley, and that Harley is going to put in a 100% effort. He's a Swansea player now, and he should have been made to go there; not kept here on loan. The circumstances under which Harley appears to be playing for us are the most unusual that I think I've ever seen. Swansea must think we're a bunch of mugs as well for entering into it, since they're getting Harley for nothing!

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... I think its ridiculous of Tisdale to expect any loyalty from Harley...
I see you very wrong there, Mr USA ... :)

foxy jim

Like I said, how do you know we were ever in a position to accept their offer? We can't force a player to sign for another club.

if a offer comes in on a player with 6 months on his contract and you know he will be gone in a few month anyway, I think most people would want the club to cash in on him.

No, we cant force him to sign for brighton your right. So if that the case he should see out his contract with city. It looks like he made a big fuss to move. and went missing for a few games. Why should we give into demands and let him join Swansea half way in the season.

foxy jim

I totally fail to understand the in's and out's of Harleys situation, but I certainly dont buy into the suggestion by somebody that while he is now a Swansea player, he wanted to stay with us "to see the job out". If he wanted to stay with us, the only logical reason would be to retain match fitness as much as he can before his move. I think its ridiculous of Tisdale to expect any loyalty from Harley, and that Harley is going to put in a 100% effort. He's a Swansea player now, and he should have been made to go there; not kept here on loan. The circumstances under which Harley appears to be playing for us are the most unusual that I think I've ever seen. Swansea must think we're a bunch of mugs as well for entering into it, since they're getting Harley for nothing!

well said.

ECFC Music

I don't like him, or his attitude, let's play bertie over him to rub salt in his wounds...
What a stupid thread.Let's face it Harley wasn't the only player way below form tonight.In fact only Taylor,Dunne and TAH seemed to perform reasonably well.
Our tactic of pinging the ball in the air to forwards whose heading ability is very limited meant Brentford's defence coped easily and just mopped up our aimless aerial punts forward.

PeteUSA

Why should we give into demands and let him join Swansea half way in the season.
I totally agree! Tisdale should call Harley in tomorrow morning, sit him down, and say "look Ryan, I think I've f*cked up here! This idea of mine obviously isnt working, would you mind finding some digs in Swansea now, and moving there early? there's a good chap" or words to that effect. Nice and polite like.