• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Great British Breakfast Fry Up

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Muesli
yoghurt
extra dried fruit and nuts
seedy bread toast & tartex
cup of rooibos tea

I guess if I was to cook breakfast in a frying pan it would have to be a smallish omelette (note: not tortilla).

Talking of which, fred seems to have vanished again. Any intel anyone?

Alistair20000

I was waiting for Stroudy to come along and gently chide us. :)

I was thinking exactly the same about Freddie when updating the Bookie thread last night. Hope he is O.K.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
AWOL for exactly a month.

Punishment on return is Stroud rations for breakfast for the same period.

LOG

Muesli
yoghurt
extra dried fruit and nuts
seedy bread toast & tartex
cup of rooibos tea
Blimey, your bowel movements must be more accurate than an atomic clock (puke)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pain in the neck hanging around for your toast only to find out that someone has turned it up so it comes out almost burnt or someone has turned it down so it comes out almost the same colour that it went in.
Or someone walks off with your slice

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Turkey rahers?! Huh??!!
Don't eat pork tbh mate , What put me off was I ordered a chicken curry from the takeaway and when I got home it was pork and very fatty was worse than eating jelly eels. ( Which you only do once )

IndoMike

Don't eat pork tbh mate , What put me off was I ordered a chicken curry from the takeaway and when I got home it was pork and very fatty was worse than eating jelly eels. ( Which you only do once )
Never had the pleasure of jellied eels, but winkles are a treat.Buggars to get out of their shells, though.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pain in the neck hanging around for your toast only to find out that someone has turned it up so it comes out almost burnt or someone has turned it down so it comes out almost the same colour that it went in.
"Hanging around for your toast" ? Do you have some kind of instant toaster then ? Drop your bread in and POW ! one second later out it pops.

Talking of which, if your average kitchen toaster browns a slice or two to perfection on,say, setting 4, why then does it have a setting 9 ?

Colesman Ballz

American Hash Browns have absolutely no place in a Great BRITISH Breakfast Fry Up !

Two sausages of a decent thickness - no chipolata nonsense
Two rashers of bacon done enough to be slightly browned, but NOT crispy
Scrambled eggs
Baked beans (but don't take the mick - I don't want to be drowning in the things)
Button mushrooms
A few fried potatoes
Two slices of toast - which should be hot (not lukewarm)

Heaven.

Black pudding if you're feeling adventurous and/or in the North, you can stick your Hash Browns where the sun don't shine and forget this nonsense about 'fried bread' - a gentleman takes toast and no further bread product is required.

Those of a non-meat eating bent should respectfully have no place in this discussion - stay out the back with the cereal eaters (as opposed to the serial eaters)

Last edited: