• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Garden Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
First strawberries from the garden yesterday. The best!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nice one Hants, we’ve had maybe three or four bowlfuls so far. Also enjoyed a couple of radishes and more courgettes than all of last year. Speaking of radishes, I sowed a bunch more at the weekend and was surprised to see on coming on already.

Colesman Ballz

I thought a sprinkling of salt on a slug worked well. Not suggesting you eat them mind.
For one moment I thought you were promoting that we adopt the French methodology on snails, feast on the feckers before they get a chance to tuck in !

It is a sort of "Eat before they do veg" policy as it were ! (I'll get me coat !)

STURTZ

Anybody got gunnera like these?

Or echium like these 15' beauties?
Thought not, yah wimps!

Alistair20000

I was a tad concerned about that G word with the first pic STURTZY:eek:

• Haha
Reactions: GJW

GJW

Ant traps are great. Put it down near the ants, they go in, get poison on them then take it back to the nest and spread it around like it’s coronavirus.
4 ant traps down around the garden and 4 more in reserve. Seems to be working, unless they are all hiding behind a wall sniggering or playing dead and then getting up when I turn my back. Had to hoover up about 50 inside the house the other day near the front door. Put one of those ant boxes down and no more have turned up since. Monday well spent, I think.

Alistair20000

I have just read the echium is an aphrodisiac and also good for lung conditions.

Is STURTZY working on a Covid vaccine or summat a bit naughty ?

Alistair20000

Ant traps are great. Put it down near the ants, they go in, get poison on them then take it back to the nest and spread it around like it’s coronavirus.
Very wicked freddie. (n)

Colesman Ballz

Anybody got gunnera like these?
View attachment 2735

Or echium like these 15' beauties?
View attachment 2736
Thought not, yah wimps!
I thought Eden was closed, did you have to climb in over the fence to take those snaps then Sturtz ? :cool:

Rosencrantz

I have just read the echium is an aphrodisiac and also good for lung conditions.

Is STURTZY working on a Covid vaccine or summat a bit naughty ?
That's a side effect which could be self defeating :eek: