• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The 'Gap'

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
What about building a really long thin Bar for beers at half time with a massive picture of a naked stunner over it (something tasteful of course, laying on a chaise lounge or some such) to stare at when we are 2-0 down ??

Nik Saunders

It’s great that people are talking about disabled facilities to be included in redevelopments at the park but wheelchair areas have to be included in any new stand itself and can’t be just added to the side/end of a stand because those fans would be classed as ‘isolated’ from the new stand.

This has been a massive issue at Manchester United for years as they’ve one large section for all wheelchair users in a corner of the stadium which is not within the Accessible Stadia Guidelines as areas have to be spaced around the stadium and not just in one place.

This is why there are areas located in the Big Bank and Main Stands at Exeter City.

You might think the cost would be fairly low to build one of these areas but I know this is not the case as companies charge a great deal more because clubs have to comply with the Accessible Stadia Guide and companies know this.

You would also think getting funding would also be easy but again this is not the case as I’ve tried many times to find funding for improvements up at the park without success and this is even asking the counties main sports fans disability organisation in Level Playing Field for names of organisations that give out funding/grants for improvements but they had nothing and this includes from Europe.

If anyone knows how to get hold of funding please let the club know as I’ve been trying for years without success as stated above.

Red Bill

It’s great that people are talking about disabled facilities to be included in redevelopments at the park but wheelchair areas have to be included in any new stand itself and can’t be just added to the side/end of a stand because those fans would be classed as ‘isolated’ from the new stand.

This has been a massive issue at Manchester United for years as they’ve one large section for all wheelchair users in a corner of the stadium which is not within the Accessible Stadia Guidelines as areas have to be spaced around the stadium and not just in one place.

This is why there are areas located in the Big Bank and Main Stands at Exeter City.

You might think the cost would be fairly low to build one of these areas but I know this is not the case as companies charge a great deal more because clubs have to comply with the Accessible Stadia Guide and companies know this.

You would also think getting funding would also be easy but again this is not the case as I’ve tried many times to find funding for improvements up at the park without success and this is even asking the counties main sports fans disability organisation in Level Playing Field for names of organisations that give out funding/grants for improvements but they had nothing and this includes from Europe.

If anyone knows how to get hold of funding please let the club know as I’ve been trying for years without success as stated above.
Thanks for this info, i can see the issues around inclusively. Sounds like my idea is a non starter then.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
First priority is definitely to get the new stand built(any news on timescales for this,would hope to see the new changing rooms being started quickly at least). Then to get the away terrace sorted by using what we bought from Barnet. In the meantime and once this is done I hope that discussion will be taking place regarding what could be put in that area, I do hope however that it will look a lot better once the portacabins are removed. If the area is tidied up, a bit of level hard standing and some fencing at the back should help. Like Torquay used to do I wonder if we could get permission to allow a small number of fans to stand there for matches, even if it was just used whenever we got a game that was likely to attract a large crowd?

GRECIAN_LDN

How about a massive picture of a packed out stand in 3D?
When we are on TV it looks like we've got a crowd.
We can even count them as supporters to boost attendance figures when needed.

iscalad

How about a massive picture of a packed out stand in 3D?
When we are on TV it looks like we've got a crowd.
We can even count them as supporters to boost attendance figures when needed.
Old hat I'm afraid

http://www.nottinghampost.com/rugby-club-inflates-attendance/story-12275477-detail/story.html