• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Fragility of Trust Control in the Current Economic Climate

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we start losing £400k a year then we have to seriously look at how the budget was set out but crowds as low as 3,500 will send us tumbling through the leagues back to the conference. we need a min of 4,500 a week but we need more. Im not amazing to comment as work commitments atm are keeping me away but i like many have to work etr. Its a difficult one and i know that a run of good results then the crowds will jump up... its ashame we lost so many local derbies last season tbh

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whilst I think there question marks over how the Trust and club are run, this thread does seem a little sour grapes from rightwing....?

Here to be told different.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst I think there question marks over how the Trust and club are run, this thread does seem a little sour grapes from rightwing....?

Here to be told different.
Max, there is a difference between sour grapes and genuine warnings. I have made a number of warnings whilst on the BOS, many of which have not been heeded.

This thread is a warning about how the current economic situation could impact on Trust control. Only time will tell if I am right, particularly if nothing is done to address the overhead problem.

Thames Valley Red

Max, there is a difference between sour grapes and genuine warnings. I have made a number of warnings whilst on the BOS, many of which have not been heeded.

This thread is a warning about how the current economic situation could impact on Trust control. Only time will tell if I am right, particularly if nothing is done to address the overhead problem.
So everyone that leaves has sour grapes, ahhhhhhhhhh that old chestnut. Perhaps they know their onions. Show the man some respect, he has many years of business service.

UTC

TVR

Cravat 2

If we start losing £400k a year then we have to seriously look at how the budget was set out but crowds as low as 3,500 will send us tumbling through the leagues back to the conference. we need a min of 4,500 a week but we need more. Im not amazing to comment as work commitments atm are keeping me away but i like many have to work etr. Its a difficult one and i know that a run of good results then the crowds will jump up... its ashame we lost so many local derbies last season tbh
The crowds won't jump up much if we win a few games. As mentioned before we pulled in just 5000 against Orient when on a good run.

It is going to take a lot more to lift the crowd numbers!

Grecian Max

So everyone that leaves has sour grapes, ahhhhhhhhhh that old chestnut. Perhaps they know their onions. Show the man some respect, he has many years of business service.

UTC

TVR
No, not having this. There are ways of doing things and I'm not sure getting into a bitching session on exeweb is how a discussion like this should be conducted.

I have a lot of respect for what he has done with the Trust, and feel it's a shame he's still not involved, but I just wonder whether it's totally sensible idea blurting this all out.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can you run that by me again please. Who is running the stadium redevelopment programme? The Club? The private developers? or the Trust?

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

The Trust has run it's course. Was fun whilst it lasted but time to get real. We need someone like Ridsdale to help us out and find us a buyer.

Can you run that by me again please. Who is running the stadium redevelopment programme? The Club? The private developers? or the Trust?
The Illuminati...................