• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The FA Cup Thread

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm interested to find out the punishment that is dished out for this.

I think first and foremost Haringey should be awarded the match like DB9 says. I'm not sure a big fine would be appropriate as Yeovil are a small club like us although i would like to see the prize money that Yeovil got for getting to the 4th Qualifying round donated to an anti-racism charity as a gesture rather than a fine. Although i suppose technically it would be just that - a fine.

I have a massive amount of sympathy for Yeovil as racist behaviour from their fans at Haringey is clearly out of their control and could not be foreseen yet it is the club who will suffer for the behaviour of these inbreds.

Naturally ban these cretins for life. Although i fail to see how that can be enforced at the level Yeovil are at. These fans will be given a slap on the wrist and of course will still continue to harbour racist views and will be free to vent this filth in future at another person. So nothing changes and nothing good comes of it really.

Another really sad day for football and yet another racist incident to tarnish the game and the human race.
Just because they're a small club doesn't mean they shouldn't be fined, Anyway a fine would take that into account. If we're going to take this seriously then the punishment should be hard, I know that hurts the majority of fans but it if we don't come down hard on this it will only continue

Rosencrantz

Allegedly also bottles thrown at the keeper as well as possibly being spat at to add to the racism allegations. Just goes to show that any club can have (insert description of choice to include asterisks) turn up and degrade the name of the club and football.

exeter-loyal

Thought Yeovil were suppose to be a family club with well behaved supporters.

Legohead

Banned
DB9. I'm 100% with you that the punishment should be draconian for the guilty party but Yeovil Town aren't the guilty party here. A handful of ballsacks purpurting to be Yeovil fans at an away match are. It is THEY who should be removed from the game for life and punished for their backwards and illegal views. I don't see how Yeovil as a club can prevent a handful of fans suddenly deciding to be racists at an away game if you see my point? Yet it will be Yeovil FC who will be punished hardest no doubt.

DB9

Thought Yeovil were suppose to be a family club with well behaved supporters.
Like all clubs they have their Neanderthals

DB9

DB9. I'm 100% with you that the punishment should be draconian for the guilty party but Yeovil Town aren't the guilty party here. A handful of ballsacks purpurting to be Yeovil fans at an away match are. It is THEY who should be removed from the game for life and punished for their backwards and illegal views. I don't see how Yeovil as a club can prevent a handful of fans suddenly deciding to be racists at an away game if you see my point? Yet it will be Yeovil FC who will be punished hardest no doubt.
If they are fans of the club then the club suffers that is how it happens, Clubs or national teams have been punished, Not fair on the majority i know but it may make people think twice about doing it again in the future, I guess there was no CCTV there and was the last thing that anyone would think would happen, Perhaps mobile phone footage available and if anyone has some, Give it to the Club/Police/FA

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Brief statement from Yeovil

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Torquay and little (tiny!) Chichester City through today.
Non-league sides in Monday's draw are:

BOSTON UNITED
GATESHEAD
SOLIHULL MOORS
WHITBY TOWN OR STOURBRIDGE
HARTLEPOOL UNITED
NANTWICH TOWN
CHORLEY
ALTRINCHAM
DARLINGTON
YORK CITY OR STOCKPORT COUNTY
NOTTS COUNTY
CHESTERFIELD OR WREXHAM
HARROGATE TOWN
AFC FYLDE
CHIPPENHAM TOWN
HARINGEY BOROUGH OR YEOVIL TOWN (pending FA Investigation)
DULWICH HAMLET
EBBSFLEET UNITED OR WOKING
WELLING UNITED OR EASTLEIGH
BROMLEY
MAIDSTONE UNITED
MAIDENHEAD UNITED OR WEALDSTONE
OXFORD CITY
CHICHESTER CITY
HAYES & YEADING UNITED OR POOLE TOWN
MALDON & TIPTREE
POTTERS BAR TOWN OR BARNET
TORQUAY UNITED
SUTTON UNITED OR BILLERICAY TOWN
DOVER ATHLETIC
KINGSTONIAN
CARSHALTON ATHLETIC

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Wasn't just abuse after reading this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50111754 something thrown from the stands and spat at apparently.

Redarrow

Very good interview with the Haringey manager after the game today, a lot of respect shown to his players and Yeovil here!! I really hope they go through to the next round.