• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz 2023

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
K
TheManFromDelMonte.

He says......alas, I have been unable to retain my lofty top spot in the competition......work got in the way and I had to attend to a particularly bad case of Phytophtora rot at one of my pineapple plantations.

Such a shame, but 6 spot roys appear to indicate I am capable of both entertaining the QM and growing only the finest quality produce (cases of rot notwithstanding).

I wish Alistair and the others all the very best in the battle for supremacy and look forward to contributing further to this fine competition next year.

Regards,

TheManFromDelMonte
The ManFromDelMonte he say no.

fred binneys head

OK, here's the final Day 21 EACQ scoreboard:

1703185925237.png

A big day for the leaders, HH12's late goal with the 8-pointer on the Bonus thread has taken him into a strong position as we enter the final two legs - Fiendish Friday tomorrow and then the final Quick-fire Multi-ball on Saturday - which will consist of 23 themed questions so get your fingers on the trigger on Saturday.

TheManFromDelMonte seems to have given up, Spoonz hardly features now but shows his class whenever he does, and manc grecian was today's 2nd top scorer after HH12 and moved into a Europa League place.

The key question now is: can Alistair hold onto his lead? He has sprinted ahead at the start of the final lap - will he stretch ahead to a glorious victory, or will he be pegged back by the catching group?

Two 5-pointers tomorrow, posted up early (probably around 7.30am, maybe 8am) and in line with my other questions in this shit-show of a quiz, I have no idea whether they are waaaay too fiendish, or waaaay too easy. We'll find out tomorrow, see you then, bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Adios.

haka

Does HH12 have an alarm clock? Does Spodman?

The Stop Alistair Front is relying on them, as the other leaders are either too busy (Del Monte, Spoonz) or too terrified of winning (haka).

Alistair20000

Having established a lead I need to consider doing what this pair of twerps used to do when they had the race wrapped up only to faff and fanny around. Come to think of it that fairly describes some of my earlier play. Especially Bleddy David Earl.

P.S Old canned fruits is sorting out some pineapple disease.

1703186894451.png

manc grecian

Hoping my bladder gives way at half 6 again.

arthur

Hoping my bladder gives way at half 6 again.
Only hoping? I can normally rely on mine...

fred binneys head

Just drink a lot tonight. Nature’s alarm clock.

Alistair20000

I shall be priming my trusty old device

1703187568916.png

fred binneys head

I wouldn’t be doing that near your laptop.

Tim Long

View attachment 14143
With p!ss?