• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeter City v Tranmere real MDT

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really optimistic for today. Hoping for a convincing win as opposed to scraping one. Feel good factor alive and well in Sydney UTC

David Treharne

It's 12c. The morning started as a beautifully sunny one, but in the last half hour it's started to cloud over. We had barely 1mm of rain overnight, but the westerly wind and a dropping barometric pressure suggests it'll cloud over even more during the morning as the wind increases in strength. Just as an aside it's been a lunatic week of late February weather, and I can leave you with the horrific thought that earlier in the week I took my shirt off - such was the power of the sun in the back garden. However, back to the here and now I think it'll be a dull but warm afternoon, but I'll have a better idea when I update at 13:00. One bad sign is that I feel ridiculously optimistic about a positive outcome this afternoon- not a hatful of goals but a win!

StroudGrecian

Really optimistic for today. Hoping for a convincing win as opposed to scraping one. Feel good factor alive and well in Sydney UTC
Curiously I feel exactly the opposite - feels like assumptions are being made about today's result but we have key players out still and Tranmere are no mugs.

STURTZ

Matt Taylor's wall of sound, Ramone will love it!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
This will be a tough game as Tranmere have some good players. Norwood, Jennings and Caprice are all dangerous.

Tranmere should also be looking for a win as it could take them into a play off spot.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Matt Taylor's wall of sound, Ramone will love it!
Well up for it today mate and i'm going out early doors UTC.

Legohead

Banned
Caprice? God i always wondered what happened to her. :D

Yes Proper Chap. The Birkenhead boys have some decent players in their ranks. I've always liked David Perkins at this level for his industry and energy although his scoring record for a midfielder is atrocious. They have defender Mark Ellis also who i've always thought highly of since watching him on many, many occasions for Torquay. I remember the Torquay fans being gutted when he turned down a new contract to join Crewe and Ellis thought he was going onto bigger and better things. He did relatively speaking but i for one don't believe he reached his full potential.

We all know about Norwood also.

Interesting about their away record. Other than Cambridge and rock bottom Notts County, Tranmere have shipped the most number of away goals in the division at 32. However, they also have netted 26 times on their travels which makes them among the top scorers on away days in the league. 0-0 draw then.

I do think we'll win this one and i'm pretty confident too. The results and performances at both Crewe and Lincoln prove the lads have spirit, quality and a bit of confidence too so i'm going for a 2-0 win despite the visitors decent away scoring record.

Hope the Tranmere fans have a safe trip down and enjoy the Devon hospitality and hopefully it will be a decent game for everyone to enjoy. I'm stuck oop norf so won't be there but hoping to get to the Mansfield game.

Come on you Grecians!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know how long Law, Lee Martin and Moxey are likely to be out for ?

Antony Moxey

Reckon we’ll all get soaked on the way home.

STURTZ

Perkins must be getting on now, been around with other clubs for ages. Good player though, we call him ferret.